Why did Outlook send email to deleted contacts out of a group?

Outlook tripped me up a few days ago when it sent a sensitive email to some people from a contacts group who had previously been very clearly deleted from this group. How did it happen?  This was certainly not human error!! I checked who was brought up in my updated contact group BEFORE sending the message, but later found out that many others who had previously been in the group but had been removed (several days before) were also sent the message. There was no way to check who was in the group before pressing send as the addresses cannot be shown. I have no faith in this system now.
Answer
Answer

I have the same problem; several of my email groups send messages to deleted members.  When I inspect the membership in People they do not show up, nor do they display if I expand the group (by clicking the plus sign) in the address boxes of a message.  When I send to the unexpanded list, it send the message to the deleted members. Having to expand the list every time I send a message is a real nuisance, not a solution.

Searching the web I found several articles about .NK2 files for the Office version of Outlook.  These files support an auto-complete feature when typing addresses.  There were some reports of phantom addresses that were due to them being retained in this address cache.  One solution was to delete the cache and let Outlook rebuild it.  Is something similar going on here?  If so, how do I reset my cache?

Directing messages to the correct recipients is pretty fundamental to a mail system. This bug needs to be acknowledged and fixed. I'm already displeased by being forced out of hotmail which I used without issues for years.  This bug is strike two and makes me a very unhappy customer.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Kindly make sure that you have successfully removed these certain contacts in the group by signing in here.

People

Before sending an email, you can check the recipients of the it after selecting the group by clicking the plus (+) sign beside the group name.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2020 Views 3,276 Applies to: