Outlook online contact groups not working

A contact group that I have used for years on Outlook online is suddenly not working.

When I enter that contact group in an email and send the email, I get a message saying "couldn't send the following message:" If I try to expand the contact list before sending, I get a message that says "The list or group you selected can't be expanded right now. Please try again later." This has been happening for weeks now.

Is this a known issue with a fix in the works? Or is there something I need to do in my account to fix this?

Hi,

This issue may occur if the settings on Outlook are having a conflict. We need to ask you a few questions for us to better assist you. Please provide the following information:

• What browser are you using?
  • Have you tried using a different browser? If yes, does it still persist?
  • Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies in your browser?
  • Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue (Updates, software installations, etc.)?

We'll keen an eye out on your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I was using Chrome. I just tried it out in Edge and got the same result. The problem still exists.

I just cleared the cache and cookies and tried again. And the problem still persists.

There weren't any significant system changes that I'm aware of. Just occasional updates that run when I shut down.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for posting back. We have an article that we can use as a workaround to repair your Outlook.com issue. Please follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link. We also suggest that you post your query on our Outlook community forum for additional assistance. It's an advance forum created for any Outlook concerns and issues.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 9, 2021 Views 1,293 Applies to: