How to unsync phone contacts from email contacts without deleting info from phone

I've synced my work email onto my phone, it's an @hotmail.com email address, and the contacts (such as friends and family) that I add on my phone are immediately transferred into my work email contacts (on PC and on my phone).

I want to have my work email on my iPhone (5s) so I can do my work on the go, but I don't want my phone contacts to sync with my email, especially my work email.

I've removed my work email account and then re-synced it onto my phone about a billion and one times, but nothing seems to solve my phone contacts being inputted into my work email contacts.

I've also tried removing the contacts (contacts from phone/friends & family's info) from the contacts of my work email on my PC, but when I do that, it deletes that person's contact info from my phone contacts as well, which is a really big pain because if I don't have that person's info somewhere else (I usually don't) then I basically lose their contact info completely.

Also, this doesn't happen with my regular email account that is also synced on my phone.

Someone PLEASE help me with this! It's been an ongoing problem for literally 6 months and I'm so sick and tired of it, it makes my contacts messy and is very frustrating.

Why not simply deselect the synching of contacts for the account? Tap Settings, then Accounts, then the Outlook.com account and in the section that specifies what you want to sync, deselect Contacts.
Brian

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have done that, but the problem with unsyncing the contacts from that account is that I can no longer do my work from my phone, which poses a problem. It does get rid of the issue I have, but not being able to do my job from my phone (that's my only option right now) is a bigger problem than having my contacts all mixed together.

Thank you for your suggestion/help though!

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Why not, then, open Contacts, tap Groups, and uncheck the contacts you don't want synched?
Brian

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Because that's in the contacts folder of my phone, not of my email. I need them to be gone out of my email contacts, not my phone contacts. I cannot remove my phone contacts from my email contacts. 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 13, 2020 Views 10,110 Applies to: