How to unblock contacts?

Before hotmail went over to outlook i had blocked certain people from my contact list now i want to unblock them and cant find anything on outlook about blocking contacts HELP !!!

Original Title: BLOCKING CONTACTS

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi joycesantangeli,

I apologize for the late response. Anyways, I would be happy to help you unblock people from your contact list. Here are the steps that you may follow:

1. Sign in to http://mail.live.com.
  2. Click the gear icon on the upper right pane, select More mail settings.
  3. Under Preventing junk email, choose Safe and blocked senders.
  4. Click Blocked senders.
  5. Select the email address that you want to delete and click Remove from list.

You are always welcome to post back to this thread if you have more concern. Hope I was able to help.

Thanks!

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have this same problem.  When I select the gear icon, I do not get the option for more mail settings.  I am unable to find anything similar to this anywhere.

Please advise.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi debhansen57.

Let me do my best to help you with your concern about unblocking your accounts in Outlook.com.

Allow me to clarify some things. When you mentioned you want to unblock, are you referrring to the option we have in "People" to unblock a contacts or does it mean you have added those contacts to your block senders.

What are the options you have when clicking the "More mail settings"? For us to have that option, make sure you are on your mailbox in Outlook.com.

Also, if you are referring that you have blocked those contacts from your "People" page in Outlook here's what we are going to do. Go the https://people.live.com then choose the contact you have blocked before click on the elipses (three dots next to Add to favorites) then select unblock.

Let us know how things turn out!

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello
I have the same issue - with emails that I subsribed to originally and then unsubscribed and blocked in hotmail. singe the migration to outlook.com, I cant see those domains addresses in my 'remove from list'
And I really want them back in my safe list.
I have of course tried to resubscribe with the websites im interested in.
This worked but I still cannot receive emails from this domain.

Thank you!

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi kp21,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. From what I understand, you want to be able to receive email messages again from the subscribed website that was blocked before. Am I correct?

If so, we advise you to add the domain address of this sender to your safe senders list if you could no longer see the domain address in your blocked senders list to make sure that emails from this sender will be moved to your Inbox folder. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. In your Outlook.com Inbox, click the cog icon beside your Profile name.

2. Click More mail settings.

3. Under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders.

4. Click Safe Senders.            

5. In the text box, type in the email address or domain you’d like to always receive email from, and then click Add to list >>.

Once done, kindly check if you can now receive email messages from the said sender. Get back to us with the results.

Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

you sent me a code but i am not Astmann sise and youngandfaithful is not my account

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Michael johnCamara,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. This thread is all unblocking certain contacts in the People page. Since your concern is somewhat not related to the post of the original poster, could you provide us a more detailed description of the issue you are encountering? Better yet, you may opt to create a thread of your own stating the issue you are having, so that a moderator will be able to address it in a timely manner.

Thank you.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am unable to do anything but add a contact in my hotmail account. I can not change addresses, delete contacts or any thing else .
At one time I was considering changing to G mail. After I moved my contacts to gmail, I decided against it and closed the gmail account

It is since then that I have had the trouble.

Can you help

Ernie      ***

Note: Removed email account for security reason.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ernie,

Welcome to the forum.

From what I understand, you're unable to properly manage your contact list and among the actions you cannot perform are deleting or changing email addresses. Allow me to assist you on this issue though I would like to ask for more details.

Have you made any recent changes on your account prior to the issue aside from what you have mentioned on your post?

Did you happen to receive any error message when you try changing email addresses or deleting them? If so, please post the complete message on your next reply.

You also mentioned of moving your contacts to Gmail which I supposed you are referring to your Microsoft account contacts to your Gmail account. I would like to verify how exactly did you perform this activity? What are the steps you took?

To troubleshoot the issue, please optimize your browser to ensure its full performance and this will also help us isolate for a possible browser issue. To do this, you may refer to the link I posted below:

How to clear cache?

You can also use different computers and browsers to verify if you'll encounter the same issue.

In line with this, you can also read the information posted in this link which gives about managing contacts in People.

Furthermore, I've checked the account that you have provided and it did not yield any match on our database. Please make sure that you are providing the exact email address so we can investigate. Post the email account in the private message area I have created for you. To view it, please sign in using a Microsoft account and click Private Messages tab across All Replies.

If you have any questions and clarifications, please let us know.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also do not have the option for more mail settings.  I want to check my list of blocked senders for one I may have inadvertently blocked.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 29, 2020 Views 16,250 Applies to: