birthday dates move forward one day when entered in outlook.com but synced to mobile (British summer time)

I have worked out that if I correct the birthday dates and anniversary dates either on Outlook.com, Outlook 2010(with outlook connector) or Live mail the following happens.

When synced to my HTC Titan the anniversary dates remain correct, but all of the birthday dates in the "birthday field" on the phone that fall during British summer time (GMT+1)between the 25th of march and 28th of October move forward 1 day? However the birthday dates that are added to the "birthday calendar" remain correct? .

This problem does not affect dates in the Anniversay field only the birthdays!

If I correct the birthday field on  my titan for any of the dates that have moved forward one day then when I check back to Outlook.com, Outlook 2010 or Live mail the birthday has moved back one day from the original date!

I do not believe it is a fault with the Titan software, it appears to be with the server setting for birthdays that fall between the daylight saving times in the server.

If I add a test contact to outlook.com with a birthday and anniversary of 24th March 2001 then both dates sync to titan with correct dates, but if I change both dates in outlook.com to the 25/03/2001 then the birthday field on the phone changes to 26/03/2001 but the anniversary field stays at the 24/03/2001. This remains true for every date up till 28/10/2001 when both times become the same again with no offset.

I have checked every time zone and location setting in Outlook.com, PC and my titan and they are all United Kingdom, GMT London etc.

EDIT, Things get worse!

I have just installed Office 365 on my laptop and if i add a birth dat of 09/07/1970 to one of my contacts using the drop down calendar as soon as I save the change Outlook 2013 updates the date to 08/0701970? Outlook 2013 actually takes a day off the correct date which is then reflected in Outlook.com, Live mail etc.

This has got to be a problem with the database on the server!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I am experiencing the same issue!

No comment from Microsoft so far?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi.

I am in Australia and am having the same issue. I have done many searches online and found lots of suggestions about checking the timezones. I have checked all mine and they are correct so that is not the issue for me.

I have also manually fixed a few of the birthdates on my phone and in outook.com online but niether changes the birthdate event in my calender. I have even gone to the Calender, opened the event. The Opened Event shows correctly but the Calender still shows it on the wrong date.

This is very annoying as the first time I synced to my phone it completely destroyed my contacts and am still trying to fix them all.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi everyone,

Have you checked if your account and phone has the same timezone? If no, please do so and see if issue will persists.

I also suggest  that you remove then readd your account on your phone to resync it. You may refer to the steps in the article below:

Setup your phone to sync your Hotmail inbox, calendar and contacts using ActiveSync

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Levi,

I still have the same problem birthday dates move forward one day. Is there any information, from MS?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having this issue, as well.  The contact birthday is correct, but it is showing up a day later on my calendar (ie: birthday= 10/13 but showing up as 10/14 on calendar).  Anniversary dates have not been impacted.  I have double-checked the time zones and the time zones are correct for my location in all possible places.  I tried removing my account from my iPhone and then re-syncing it.  That did not work.  After re-syncing, I ended up with two birthdays for the contacts that I changed on my iPhone before re-syncing it (i.e. 10/13 and 10/14 are now listed for that contact).

When I change the birthday back to the correct date on my iPhone contacts, it changes it on my iPhone calendar but not my Hotmail calendar online or on my laptop computer.  I tried deleting the hotmail birthday calendar, but the impact is that now, the date is showing wrong in hotmail.com contacts.  Like Karl above, when I open the incorrect event on the online calendar in hotmail.com, it shows the correct date even though it's posting on the incorrect date.  On my laptop calendar (windows live mail), it shows the incorrect date when I open the event.

However: this glitch is not consistent.  For some birthdays, it shows on the correct date.  Other than manually re-entering every birthday, is there another option to fix this??

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry for the delayed response. Please complete the information below so we could further investigate:

• The email address of the affected account.

• Your mobile device.

• Your device's OS version.

• The synchronization/app that you use to sync your account.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To what address can I email you the requested information?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To what address can I email you the requested information?

I'm also having the same question ;-)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Some people have the same problem. Outlook.com contacts birthday is correct but synchronized +1 day on other devices like Smartphone (Samsung or iPhone or whatever) No reply from MS support! I also posted my email adress there but no reply. Obviously it is not a problem of the mobile devices because several other people have the same problem on windows software!

Thread is here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-calendar/incorrect-birthday-date-in-calendar/dfa70fcf-657c-425a-a553-46a7a9bb92e0

Currently there is no correct synchronization with Outlook.com!

We have the same on three live accounts syncing to iPhones:
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Device: iPhone 4 & 4s
App: iOS Mail App

Three different people with three iPhones...this can not be a individual case!! There are not that much settings for birthdays in contacts! Even though I myself do not synchronize the outlook.com calendar, just the mails and the contacts...so it has nothing to do with the calendar settings.

- I double checked the time zones on iPhone and outlook.com --> they're the same
- I removed my hotmail account from iPhone and resynced - not working
- I changed the birthday on oulook.com to something else and back - not working --> +1 day on iPhone
- I correct the birthday on iPhone --> -1 day in outlook.com

I see no option to get outlook.com and iPhone to the same birthday...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Me too,

Device: iPhone 4 & 4s
App: iOS Mail App

I can send you my email address of the affected account, if you open a private message. I have exactly the same problem. But if you set your phone to us-timezone the birthday is right, so I believe the Problem is Outlook.com is not sending any time zone.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 26,569 Applies to: