How to get FB messages by mail

Hi

I'm so busy that I can't open my Fb and hate IMs. So I want to integrate FB to outlook. Then I want to forward them to my gmail account to see them directly from a third-party web client. I want to reply to these messages by email either. Thanks for your help
Hi farbodshahabi,

Thank you for contacting us for your question. We apologize for the untimely reply. Let us help you on your query.

I understand that you would like to receive email notifications from Facebook on your Outlook.com account and that you would like to have these emails forwarded to your Gmail account. You can do this by following these steps:

Integrating Facebook to Outlook.com:
1. Sign in to your account on https://account.live.com
2. Under Permissions, click on Add accounts.
3. Click on Facebook and sign in when prompted.

Note that you have to enter your Outlook.com account in your Facebook account settings to receive notifications. Integrating Facebook to your account would only allow you to chat with your Facebook contacts on Outlook.com and be able to see your Facebook contacts in your Outlook.com People page.

Once you've set-up your Outlook.com account in Facebook, we can create a rule to forward these notifications to your Gmail account. Here are the steps:

1. Sign in to your account in https://outlook.com
2. Click on the gear icon next to the account name on the upper right side of your mailbox page.
3. Select More mail settings.
4. Under Customizing Outlook, click on Rules for sorting new messages.
5. Click on New, then under Step 1., change the 3 fields to the following:

1st Box: Sender's name
2nd Box: contains
3rd Box: Facebook

6. On Step 2., select Forward to and enter your Gmail account.
7. Click on Save.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Rhyan O.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 5, 2024 Views 1,066 Applies to: