Question

Q: Wrong time stamp This thread is locked from future replies

I noticed this morning that an email I had sent was putting the wrong time on the message. It was showing GMT (i.e. 1 hour earlier) rather than BST. My PC clock is correct, is there a way to fix this in Outlook PC email?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I Found some advice in "related content" that didn't help because when you eventually find the Country, the only time available for the U.K. is GMT. Well like many countries including USA, we have a summer time switch and the MS operating system manages to do it, so why can't your software for Outlook get it right??

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ken,

Let me help you in setting the correct time zone on your account.

Please be informed that the time stamp displayed in your messages depends on the time zone that you’ve set in your account profile and not on your computer’s clock. To sort this out, please update your profile and select the appropriate time zone for your current location. You can refer to the steps below on how to do so:

1. Sign into your account using this link.

2. Click the Cog icon then select More mail settings.

3. Under Managing your account, click Account details (password, addresses, time zone). You may be asked to sign in again.

4. Select Edit personal info.

5. Choose your Country/region, Constituent Country, and Time zone.

6. Click Save.

If you have other questions or clarifications, please let us know.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

14 people were helped by this reply

Hi. As you can read in my 2nd entry none of what you suggest works and I posted that many hours before your response.  What you suggest only gives the option London GMT or UTC. The system is not adjusting for summer time. There is no option to select London (BST) and in any case the option selected should automatically adjust for summer time i.e. GMT to BST.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ken,

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Microsoft is gearing towards changes that will give Microsoft account users the best online experience. Inherent of these changes are the pros and cons.  If you like, you can go to our Feedback page and tell us what you think will suit to your preferences as a valued customer. This will motivate Microsoft to find more ways to meet those needs/demands from the consumers.

Thank You.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nice to leave feedback, but how is that going to solve the problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

but how is that going to solve the problem?

Hi KenLowe,

This will enable product group to read and use your feedback to improve our service.

You mentioned on your first two post that "is there a way to fix this in Outlook PC email?" and "so why can't your software for Outlook get it right??".

I will need to ask you a question to better understand the issue. Are you using an email client (Outlook Express, Microsoft Office Outlook, Windows Live Mail) or Outlook.com (web based) to check for your timestamp? If you are using an email client, kindly tell us the exact name of the program.

Please let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was using Windows Live Mail and it changed to Outlook and so I am now using Outlook on-line which I believe still shows up as dub107.mail.live.com

Regards,
Ken

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I understand that you wish to sync the the timestamp on your PC to your "Outlook".

Please bear with me. To verify, what did you mean when you said "Outlook", Outlook.com (web-based), Microsoft Office Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express?

"I was using Windows Live Mail and it changed to Outlook and so I am now using Outlook on-line"

I find your statement above contradicting to what you've mentioned on your first post: "is there a way to fix this in Outlook PC email".

For us to better picture out your concern, we will also be asking you to provide screenshot(s) prior to this issue. Kindly post it on the private message I’ve initiated for you. Click on the notification (which can be found at the top of the thread or just above your post) that states “You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private message” section or by clicking the Private Messages tab. Please make sure that you are signed in to your Microsoft account to be able to see it.

The additional information you’ll provide will help us facilitate our next actions and speed up the investigation process.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the advice; it was the answer to my clock problem.

Regards,  John.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ken,

Thank you so much for your help.  This was vey helpful. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 10,424 Last updated: April 19, 2018 Applies to: