Wrong name appears in front of my live email address when i receive emails

I have a live email address. Some of the emails that i receive in this account have a wrong name appear in front my email address in the email header. My profile information has the right name. I don't know where this wrong name is comming from. I think it only happens in incomming emails and outgoing emails have the right name. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks.
Answer
Answer

I had a similar issue.  Though not exactly the same as the OP (not with my live email address, just with the Windows 10 Mail app) I was able to resolve my problem.  Thought I would share in case others were suffering from the same issue.

I have several email accounts that I use with the Windows 10 Mail app, and somehow the name from one email account was copied over to another email account's settings.  I finally fixed the issue by reviewing all my email account settings using the steps below.

1. Click on the settings icon/button in the Mail app.
  2. Click "Manage Accounts".
  3. Select an account to review/edit.
  4. Click "Change mailbox sync settings"
  5. Scroll down to "Your name" and edit as necessary.
  6. Repeat for all accounts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Unfortunately when I go to the settings icon, "manage accounts" is not an option.

Click your avatar at the right end of the menu bar and choose "View account". Your account page will open and you should see your name on the left side, with "Edit name" right below it.

Otherwise, instead of "Account Settings", click "Edit profile". On your profile page will be links to other connected profiles. Check each of them as well.

Brian

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2020 Views 2,887 Applies to: