Why does it take so long get an email (20-30min) in Outlook.com

Original Title: why does it take so long get an email (20-30min)

Hi

Why does it take so long get an email (20-30min), I have set up other email accounts on my tablet 30sec tops to receive emails, but when stent to outlook email accounts 20 to 30 min. Can you please explain why, also a fix would be good.

Regards

Teresa

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2019 Views 29,543 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Teresa

Outlook.com (on pc) is set to check every 30 mins and that cant be changed
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Teresa,

We appreciate your time for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community Answers forum. I understand that you are receiving delayed messages. Let's see what we can do to resolve this issue. There's a possibility that this is contributed by email traffic on the server causing the sending/receiving of emails to travel much slower than the usual receiving time.

If you have setup other accounts for your sending and receiving in Outlook.com, please be informed that you can receive up to 50 messages automatically at a time every 30 minutes. If you have more than 50 messages, they're included in the next automatic refresh. To know more about sending and receiving mail from other email accounts, read this Microsoft article "Send and receive email from other accounts in Outlook.com".

In addition, listed below are the possible causes of mail delivery delays:

• Mail servers may be undergoing maintenance, or there may be a service outage.
  • Content of the email message - message was large, or it contained one or more large attachments.
  • Email message is subject for review for spam filtering as incoming mail.
  • Inbox storage limit on receiving end.

Lastly, please verify if the same thing happen when you access your account using a computer.

Should you have other questions or any other concerns, please reply to this thread and we will be happy to further assist you.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

There has to be a better explanation. I'm also having this issue, my emails are taking way too long to appear in my inbox. The funny thing is that if I use Outlook the desktop client they reach much faster.

This is a major issue and I'm incredibly surprised you guys aren't actively trying to resolve it.

Another huge problem I have is that there is no native iPhone app for outlook. If I want to use outlook.com and have the app on my iphone there is no way. So inconvenient!

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience this has caused you. We would like to know how long have you been having the issue regarding latency on receiving e-mail messages. There could be other factors that may have been causing the issue. One of which is internet connection, file size of the e-mails/documents. So if you're still experiencing this problem, you can try using a different computer, or use a different browser in order to isolate the problem.

With regard to your concern about the Outlook.com app on iPhone, please click on this link to our feedback forum.

Should you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Every 30 minutes is entirely too long between refreshes.  Think about scenarios like:

*password resets
*email where senders are sending verification links
*on a conference call with a client and they send you something that needs reviewed right away

147 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a new computer (with a fast internet connection) and Outlook 2013.......And unfortunately have always had 10-40 minute delays in receiving mail from my Gmail account when I first boot up.    If I need to read timely emails, I have to read them on my mobile devices until MS Outlook decides to start working.   It's sad to see since I've ben a faithful Outlook user for many years.

MS support's only solution when I called, was to switch me over to POP, which was undesirable for me since I have several devices where I read my email and need them all to be in sync. 

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello everyone,

Please be informed that it's by design that if you have setup your account as POP under Outlook.com, you can receive up to 50 messages automatically at a time every 30 minutes. If you have more than 50 messages, they're included in the next automatic refresh. In addition, listed below are some possible causes of mail delivery delays:

• Email traffic on the server causing the sending/receiving of emails to travel much slower than the usual receiving time.
  • Mail servers may be undergoing maintenance, or there may be a service outage.
  • Content of the email message - message was large, or it contained one or more large attachments.
  • Email message is subject for review for spam filtering as incoming mail.
  • Inbox storage limit on receiving end. 

If you want to send a suggestions straight to our product team, kindly send us feedback on this link.

We look forward to your opinion on this matter.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have your Gmail and Microsoft accounts setup in Office Outlook?

Are you using pop aggregation to download the emails to outlook.com?

Sorry this didn't help.

I only have a single Gmail account set up in Outlook13 as IMAP.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to check on your second question about POP aggregation.

(But I can tell you after I boot my computer up in the morning that my email doesn't arrive until at least 30-70 minutes , and then it all comes at once) if that helps ?

Sorry this didn't help.

My problem is with a single Gmail account I have that is set up in Outlook13 as IMAP/SMTP.

Emails come only in bunches, at seemingly uneven intervals, but usually only 20-30-60 minutes apart.  If I need to stay current with my inbox messages, I have to check the same Gmail account on one of my mobile devices (which obviously bypass the Outlook 13 delays).

Do you think it's may be a bad setting I have, or is it just the know Gmail/Outlook13 problem that is well advertised?   Again, I have a new computer and a fast internet connection.

Sorry this didn't help.