Question

Q: Why am I receiving MAIL DELIVERY SUBSYSTEM errors? I have not sent any emails This thread is locked from future replies

I have been getting spammed by "Mail Delivery Subsystem" messages for the past few weeks and I know I didn't send any messages. I was told that my email account was hacked so I have used Defender to scan my computer (it was clean) and I have also changed my password more than 5 times already; the problem still exists.

Many thanks in advance for help! I'm desperate!

Hi,

I am glad to assist you with your issue. I understand that you ar getting Mail delivery errors even if you are not sending mails. If your account has been compromised—or hacked—it means that someone stole your password and might be using your account to access your personal information or send spam and receive a lot of bounced messages.

If you suspect that your account has been compromised, and you already attempted to change your password and scanned your computer for virus. You can take the following actions to keep your

account safe and make it easier to recover it:

• Create a strong password for your Microsoft account

• Make sure your operating system has the latest updates

• Never reply to email asking for your Microsoft password

• Be careful signing in to your Microsoft account from public computers or unsecure wireless networks

• Make your account easier to recover in the future

• Update your Account inf

information (Alternate email address, trusted PC, Mobile number)

• Change your security question

For more information, kindly refer to the link below.

My Hotmail account has been hacked

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

12 people were helped by this reply

My account is having the same issues...I have deleted over 10,000 of these Mail Delivery Failure messages thsi morning...I have not sent any e-mail and I never heard of these domains which are sending the Mail Delivery Failure messages.

I will try changing my password to something else again but I still believe this is not a problem on my end or with my personal hotmail e-mail account.

I believe that there is something going on wtih Microsoft and Hotmail (Outlook) which is allowing people to see your profile and then they send these bogus Mail Delivery Failure messages to bog down your IN BOX and SPAM folders.

Sorry this didn't help.

167 people were helped by this reply

Hi,

Since you having the same issue, please follow the steps provided by my co-moderator Abigail Faye M.   

Please do not hesitate to contact us if your problems persist after performing these actions.

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

6 people were helped by this reply

Nothing seems to be working. I am having the same issue the above posters mentioned. This is occurring with my school issued e-mail account (.edu) through gmail.

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 25,490 Last updated: April 24, 2018 Applies to: