want to forward a message but don't want the original sender to be sent the forwarded message in outlook

I received a message from someone. I added some info to the original meesage and forwarded my new message out to a different person and it was sent to the original sender as well.
I just tried to forward a message and it worked OK - the original sender didn't get a copy.  May I ask, are you sure you used Forward and not Reply by mistake? Can you try it again to see if it works?

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Doog(2),

I understand that you don't want the original sender of the message to view the content of the message you forwarded. Let me help you identify the possible cause of this issue. Having said that, I need you to answer the following:

• "Forwarded my new message out to a different person"-- Was the address field empty when you try clicking the forward button. Did you manually keyed-in the new recipients of the email? Did you, by any chance, send the email to a group where the original sender was included?
  • "Was sent to the original sender as well"-- How exactly did you see this? Did you check this from the sent items?

I'd like to eliminate the possibility that your issue is about conversation threading in your mailbox which is why you are still able to see the original sender. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Go to your Inbox.
  2. In the upper-right of the Outlook window, click the Options (cog icon) in the upper right corner of the page next to your name, and then click More mail settings.
  3. Under Reading email, click Group by conversation and pre-load messages.
  4. Tick on the option Show messages individually and then hit Save.

Your cooperation and prompt response will be highly appreciated. I'll look forward for your reply.

Thank You. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 17,171 Applies to: