Unable to send ANY emails to craigslist

When I reply to an email I received from a craigslist ad I posted, today I receive an email from mail.postmaster.hotmail.com with the subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏ and the message:  

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

It does this for many different addresses at reply.craigslist.org

On another hotmail account sending to these addresses, I get the same undeliverable message, but using my gmail account to email the same addresses the messages are delivered, so the problem is not with craigslist relay servers, it is with outlook.com servers.

Same thing with me -- just posted a question about the same time as you.....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Same thing with me -- just posted a question about the same time as you.....

Outlook.com (mail.hotmail.com) has evidently blacklisted reply.craigslist.org for some idiotic reason, probably a poorly written anti-spam program, I'm going to probably end up switching over to gmail.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So are they going to fix it? Are they even aware that there is an issue? I know Cl had some kind of "attack" last night, which is when my trouble started. Apparently , Outlook doesn't realize everything is back to normal...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This has been driving me crazy all day as I cant reply to any of my craigslist replies. please fix it or I will go to gmail!!!!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've already switched the email address on the ad to gmail.com, and have forwarded the messages to gmail, and replied to them from there.  Waiting on Microsoft to fix their idiocy is as pointless as a concrete kite.  With this, and the "Call us overprotective, but we're going to lock you out of your account unless you set up a phone number or have access to the alternate email you set up 15 years ago" idiocy, I'm done with Microsoft.  Its enough to irritate the pope.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hey  craigist says:   Returned Mail <-> 2014-11-24 14:38 The only answer we can really give is to ask users to call or write to their mail provider and ask them to update the DNS records they're caching. It's the same with hitting the site- the problem is that the mail providers have the improper information and they'll need to manually flush *.craigslist.org and *.craigslist.com entries (A,CNAME,SOA) from their DNS servers.
Edit/Update: We're trying to get ahold of mail domains, too- if your email is bouncing still, let us know what mail service provider you're using (ie, @gmail.com @comcast.com @rr.city.com @university.edu). It's important, however, that you still contact them because you're their customer/user- we're just some hippies in San Francisco. ;)
-------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So   craigslist says Microsoft hotmail or live has to fix the problem on their end!   well Microsoft  are they right? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2024 Views 1,940 Applies to: