SMTP RELAY 550 ERROR. HELP!!

Hi all-

first time posting, but I need to reach out for help this issue had been bothering me for 2 weeks. 

I have been using gmail to receive and send my live.com emails. Everything was fine for the past few years until 2 weeks ago issue started to popup:

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the relay smtp.live.com by smtp.live.com. [65.XX.176.XX].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.3.4 432 4.3.2 STOREDRV.ClientSubmit; sender thread limit exceeded

Note that the weird thing is, the smtp system failed randomly. Sometimes the same email pass thru but sometimes not. My gmail had been setup correctly (I think):

Mail is sent through: smtp.live.com

Secured connection on port 587 using TLS

I tried smtp-mail.live.com (as stated in live.com account setting) but the same credential didn't go thru. Note that I have also tried setup 2 step verfication and toggle on and off back and forth. same thing.

I am extremely frustrated by this and hope I can get a solution from the community. Thanks for your help..

Question Info

Last updated August 23, 2019 Views 2,872 Applies to:

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using windows live mail or outlook.com?

Since you are getting message as “sender thread limit exceeded” you could get this message if an account that has built a reputation has a total sending limit per day of 300 messages with an actual mailbox size of 5gb.

Also I suggest you to remove the Gmail account and re add it in the mail account and check if the issue persist or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi-

Thanks for the reply, I am using live.com.

Would you kindly clarify a few things? 

-Its certain I didn't hit the sending limit (300 per day), so it could be my mailbox reached 5gb limit. Where can I find out my current inbox size? and if there's an option to expand this size? 

-currently in live.com, I have added my gmail account to, forward my live.com email. and enable the POP IMAP under Options. Do you meant to remove my gmail account under forwarding and re-add? (I don't have issue receiving email, but only sending email thru gmail)

Thanks for your help again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here!

I have my outlook account configured on my gmail accounts using smtp.

I'm definitely not sending more than 10 msgs a day and at least once/twice a day I get this response...

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the relay smtp-mail.outlook.com [65.55.176.126].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.3.4 432 4.3.2 STOREDRV.ClientSubmit; sender thread limit exceeded

Sorry this didn't help.