Received error message 'There is a problem with this website's security certificate'.

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
  We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
  Click here to close this webpage.
  Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

This comes up every time I log in. I click on continue to this website and all is normal. How do I get rid of this message?

Original Title:Shield icon

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi jamesjjs54952,

I understand that you are having difficulties in signing into your email account, let me assist you with your concern.

Please be informed that you need to clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that they are not causing your issue. This is often caused by a corrupted file in the browser. Please clear your browser's cookies by following the instructions on the link below:

Optimize and Reset your Browser settings

If the issue persists, we’d like you to provide us the answers to the following questions that I have enumerated below. These will help us to investigate your concern:

• Does the issue happen when using a different computer?
  • Do other Hotmail accounts encounter the same issue when using your computer?
  • Does the same thing happen when you access your account from the same computer with a different browser?  

I hope this will help you with your concern and feel free to post back.

Thank you,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes it happens on another computer.

I do not have another account.

Yes it happens on another browser.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

A user who tries to connect to a secured Web site by using Windows Internet Explorer may receive the following warning message:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this Web site.

This problem can occur if the client computer's clock is set so that the date/time is later than the expiry date of the web server's SSL certificate.

Please refer to the article: "There is a problem with this website's security certificate" when you try to visit a secured website in Internet Explorer and follow the steps provided.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if your problems persist after performing these actions.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

https://sn132w.snt132.mail.live.com/default.aspx 

The address is change to this after I login.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi jamesjjs54952,

I understand that you're unable to access your account due a security certificate error. I know how inconvenient this must be on your end. Don't worry, let us help you with this.

Kindly verify if you have checked the link provided by the previous representative. It should provide the resolution as well as a workaround for this issue so you won't be receiving the same message anymore.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

A user who tries to connect to a secured Web site by using Windows Internet Explorer may receive the following warning message:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this Web site.

This problem can occur if the client computer's clock is set so that the date/time is later than the expiry date of the web server's SSL certificate.

Please refer to the article: "There is a problem with this website's security certificate" when you try to visit a secured website in Internet Explorer and follow the steps provided.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if your problems persist after performing these actions.

Thank you

This link advises me to click on the "Continue to this website (not recommended). " and a red shied will come up. This does not happen when I click on the "Continue to this website (not recommended). " Outlook will open.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi jamesjjs54952,

We appreciate your time and effort for posting back.

Have you tried to visit the link and follow the steps provided in the article that was provided by Christian_N.? (Optimize and Reset your browser settings)

On the other hand, kindly add Outlook.com to your Trusted Sites. You may follow the steps below:

1. Open your Internet Explorer.
  2. Go to Internet options.
  3. Under the Security tab, click on Trusted sites.
  4. Then click Sites.
  5. Add Outlook.com.
  6. Click Apply.

Note: If you're using other browser, we recommend that you get in touch with their respective support for further assistance.

Let us know if the steps above made any improvements.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried both suggestions. Now I get this:

This page cannot be displayed

make sure the web address https://sn132w.snt132.mail.live.com is correct

look for the page with your search engine

refresh the page in a few minutes

make sure TLS and SSL protocols are enabled

I even put https:// sn132w.snt132.mail.live.com into my trusted site.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi jamesjjs54952,

In order for us to have a better look of your issue, I've provided a private message where you can input a screenshot of your issue in a private and secure way. Please make sure that you are currently signed in to view the private message and reply on this post to notify us that the required information has been provided.

We will be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Sergs P.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for all of the suggestions but, nothing worked.

I did however get onto my account by typing the address into google search. One has to be very careful and read the addresses that are suggested. The first time that I tried, I hit a site that loaded a bevy of programs on to my computer. It took me a long time to remove these programs. My second try, after clicking on the correct website, got me write to Outlook.com. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 1,842 Applies to: