Outlook.com Not Receiving Some Emails

I have email being forwarded from another address to my outlook.com email. However, I find that some email is never delivered to my mailbox. I've checked my Blocked Senders list to ensure that sender is not listed there. I've even added the sender to my Safe Senders list but I still don't receive that email.

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2018 Views 46,228 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Message Rules
Check message rules and make sure some messages are not being delivered to custom folder?

You can this by
1. Selecting 'More mail settings' from the options wheel near top right corner (next to your name)
2. Click 'Rules for sorting new messages'

You can also check Junk folder if it incorrectly got marked as spam.

If this is not the case, please answer these
- Do you miss mails from specific senders or is it just random?
- Is there a filter/rule on your  forwarding account to discard or not forward some mails?

167 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is a specific sender for which I am not receiving email.

I forward email two two accounts and I have verified that the second account receives the forwarded email (and also shows in the email header that it was simlutaneously forwarded to my outlook.com email address - so I'm pretty sure it's forwarding the email correctly).

Regarding rules - I used email search to search all folders for email from the specific sender and it found no emails.

24 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I need to ask a few questions that may help us isolate your issue:

• Have you checked your junk folder? Please refer to this link for more information: Can’t receive any email messages
  • Did that  specific sender received any bounce messages?

Thanks!

Thank you,
Paul

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem.  Just recently in the last day or two I would see on the outlook.com tab I have email but when I click on the tab and look under the inbox category no email.  Then when I refresh the tab that shows I have email goes away and there is no new email to read.  It is not going to junk mail and it is not going anywhere else as I have no rules set up elsewhere. 

Please help as I know I'm missing some important emails.

Thanks

Kirk

kirk

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi andersok29,

I suggest that you optimize your browser to make sure that it isn’t contributing to this issue. This will also serve as an initial troubleshooting step to clean up unnecessary clutter in your hard disk and improve browser performance. For help with Internet Explorer, please click here.

If the issue persists, we’d like you to provide us the answers to the following questions that I have enumerated below. These will help us to investigate your concern:

• What’s your e-mail address in question?
  • Did you encounter any error message? If yes, provide us the exact error message.
  • Does the issue happen when using a different computer?
  • Do other Hotmail accounts encounter the same issue when using your computer?
  • Does the same thing happen when you access your account from the same computer with a different browser?  

Thanks!

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have similar problem I troubleshooted and found this interesting to share with Microsoft and all of you.

I didn't receive one particular Email (that for sure I don't know how many I didn't receive before So that is very very Important for me)

My Wife sending Forded an email and i didn't receive that (She have hotmail account and in my safe list too)

I asked her to remove Subject Line and here you go the message is in My Inbox ( but if she send with the same subject nothing I received)

I did try to send (Fw/Reply) the same message without subject to my  own account No problem in receiving and with or without the message body.

When I send this message with subject with or without message body I didn't receive any message.
Conclusion: There must be some more filter (or Generic Filters on the server(s)) on My Email account Please remove it that might explain all the people having this kind of problem.

The subject line is listed bellow who ever want to try I will just people try and see if this problem appear for them thanks.

Your FREE Hand Cream is now available!‏

Thanks

ATTA

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have similar problem I troubleshooted and found this interesting to share with Microsoft and all of you.

I didn't receive one particular Email (that for sure I don't know how many I didn't receive before So that is very very Important for me)

My Wife sending Forded an email and i didn't receive that (She have hotmail account and in my safe list too)

I asked her to remove Subject Line and here you go the message is in My Inbox ( but if she send with the same subject nothing I received)

I did try to send (Fw/Reply) the same message without subject to my  own account No problem in receiving and with or without the message body.

When I send this message with subject with or without message body I didn't receive any message.
Conclusion: There must be some more filter (or Generic Filters on the server(s)) on My Email account Please remove it that might explain all the people having this kind of problem.

The subject line is listed bellow who ever want to try I will just people try and see if this problem appear for them thanks.

Your FREE Hand Cream is now available!‏

Thanks

ATTA

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

In the last few days (since sunday evening/monday morning) Outlook.com has stopped receiving some of my emails forwarded from another email address. It had been working with no major problems for the last few years, no change was made to my settings or the email address at that time, and when tested against delivery to another source, the forward worked fine. That makes me believe that the problem is something that was instated on Outlook.com's end on Sunday night/monday morning.

I have looked at all the suggestions above and nothing has worked. I still get Some of the emails, but not all, and it does not appear to be specific users that are "blocked".

Please help me sort this out as I use Outlook.com as the central hub for a number of addresses and cannot have things go missing!

Sorry this didn't help.

I just switched from live.com to outlook.com and my emails forwarded from another account are not being received now - were received fine at live.com and everything seems in place.  Has anyone been able to figure out a solution to this problem?  I added the email as a preferred sender, but to no avail.  If Microsoft wants us to switch to Outlook.com so badly, it should troubleshoot these problems before going live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi klsheard and MC_442,

To better settle this issue, we suggest that you answer the following question listed below as this will help us determine the possible cause of the issue:

• Are you accessing your account via web base Hotmail/Outlook or mail application (Windows live mail)?
  • Are you unable to receive email from Hotmail/Outlook or third party (Yahoo, Google)?

In addition, we’d like you to send a test email to yourself to verify if you were able to send/receive the email. After sending a test email to yourself, have you encountered any bounce message (Delivery Status Notification Failure)? If you received a bounce message, kindly post the full message source of that bounce message along with your affected email account in the private message area that I created for us to determine the cause of this issue. Make sure you are logged / signed in to this forum to see the private message.

Note: Also, make sure that you don’t have email save in the Email forwarding settings.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.