Outlook.com doesn't automatically fill in my contacts' email addresses

Original title: why since i have outlook I have trouble having my contacts addresses - when I type a few letters of their address it doesn;t auto. fill in their address

this happens when I forward an email I rec'd. when I had hotmail it would automatically fill in their email address by just

typing a few letters of their name.

Answer
Answer

Hello ShirleyDer,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community. I'm pleased to assist you with your concern on your account.

Let me see if I have this right. When you type a few letters of your contacts' address, Outlook.com doesn't auto-complete the email addresses. If so, it is possible that you are experiencing this issue because your account's auto-complete suggestions feature is not enabled. Kindly refer to the steps below on how to enable the auto-complete suggestions feature in your account. You can choose which suggestions appear, whether from contacts only in your list or from contacts and non-contacts.

To enable auto-complete suggestions for everyone you’ve communicated with:

1. From your Inbox, click the gear icon on the upper right corner of the page beside your name.
  2. Select More mail settings.
  3. Under Customizing Outlook, click Advanced privacy settings.
  4. Under Auto-complete suggestions, select Give suggestions for anyone I've communicated with (contacts and non-contacts).
  5. Click Save.

To enable auto-complete suggestions only for people included in your contact list:

1. From your Inbox, click the gear icon on the upper right corner of the page beside your name.
  2. Go to More mail settings.
  3. Under Customizing Outlook, click Advanced privacy settings.
  4. Under Auto-complete suggestions, select Only suggest people in my contact list.
  5. Click Save.

Hope this helps. Let us know how things turn out.

Thank you.

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 3, 2020 Views 15,929 Applies to: