Outlook.com Deliverability Support

'Hotmail Sender Support' <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> is blocking the emails from my IP address. They say that there is namespace mining behavior. I do not do this. They emailed me and asked me what I was going to do about this behavior and I told them the mailing list of our members have not been cleaned for some time, so we will remove all inactive emails which is why you think namespace mining may be taking place. Well 8 day have gone by and they have not responded to my email (which I have sent 3 times) or removed this block. I was on the phone for 3 days with different departments for a total of over 6 hours being transferred to different department before I would eventually get disconnect or my battery on my phone would go dead. 

I find such delays inexcusable for a large company. Either Microsoft fixes this or I will not longer be a customer. 

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Outlook.com

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from you by answering the following questions:

• How are you trying to access Outlook.com?  Is it through Web or App? 
  • What is the exact issue you are referring to? 

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Jamie

First, the only people who can mitigate this are the folks @ deliverability.  This is a peer to peer site staffed mostly by volunteers who have little or no contact to MS.

If you (or your host) is engaging in some form of behavior that caused the block.  You may have done nothing but if your domain is hosted (by your ISP) on a shared server (it is unless you pay extra not to) this may be something only your ISP can fix.

Can you tell us more about the domain name, your host, etc.?

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I use Outlook.com on a App and all emails sent from the app to hotmail or outlook accounts are blocked:

Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s):

Failed Recipient: @hotmail.com

Reason: Remote host said: 550 SC-002 (COL004-MC5F1) Unfortunately, messages from 198.57.200.103 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

I can send emails to hotmail and outlook accounts on the Web because the IP is different.

The exact issue is Outlook.com deliverability support and they go by the the name of hotmail sender support have blocked all emails that I send to Hotmail or Outlook accounts. They did this because they said there was namespace mining behavior taking place from my IP. This is not the case. I have a dedicated server and a company website that has a mailing list of members. Some of those members emails are invalid which is why I believe they think namespace mining may be taking place. They emailed me asking me what I was going to do about this and I told them I would delete all the inactive emails. This was 9 days ago and they still have not responded. I need to be unblocked.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a dedicated server and I do no wrong activities.  The hosting company, Gator host told me many times the issue is not with them. This deliverablitiy group did not say I was doing namespace mining only that there was behavior indicating this. I indicated this behavior was most likely due to the inactive emails on our mailing list and that I would delete those inactive emails. For the first 2 correspondence deliverablity responded the next day. Yet when they asked me what I was going to do and I told them I have not heard back from them in 9 days even though I sent the email to them again every 3 days.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To add, I have been going around circles with Microsoft to get this resolved. They all said they could help me but eventually I would get disconnected or my battery would die on my phone. At one point they refereed me to 3rd partyies who said they could resolve this problem for me for $100. Which is incredible, the last person I talked to from Microsoft sent me here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Jamie

MS doesn't block an IP for no reason.  MS would not say you were engaged in namespace or behavior indicting it.  All they know is the IP for which Gator is responsible.  Since they are responsible for any and all behavior shouldn't they be responsible for mitigating the behavior?  I doubt they would even acknowledge any "behavior" because it would mean culpability.

I dont work for MS so have no inherent bias.  In my day job I handle mitigation daily and it is a simple thing to do.  Unfortunately as a volunteer here I/we have no access to that database.

IN short were I in your shoes I would be just as persistent with your Host as you are with the deliverability folks.  As you know the squeaky wheel gets the most grease

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a faulty system. Why Microsoft would want to lose customers by delaying a resolution does not make sense to me as a business owner. I've use Microsoft products as an executive for other companies and for myself for over 20 years. And I am days away from never buying anything from them again.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

JM

I cant help

Good Luck

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 663 Applies to: