Outlook.com Beta - How to Add Safe Senders (Solution)

Yes, it's that ridiculous, in Outlook.com beta, there seems to be no way of adding safe senders.

After spending a million hours on this, I thought I'd post this to save others the time.

Solution: If you are using the beta version of outlook.con outlook.com, switch that off (the toggle button towards top right if you are in your inbox) and then, the MS instructions here (see Unblock Senders about half way down the page) will work.

Question Info

Last updated December 13, 2019 Views 323 Applies to:

Well, I may have spoken too soon...

My outlook.com account is still bouncing emails sent from the email I finally worked out how to add as a Safe Sender.

The best bit is that I would have no idea that I wasn't receiving those emails unless I had access to the "sender" account.

Unbelievable!!!!

Advanced Note

All I was trying to do here was receive an email re a cron job from a shared server I use as a backup for my main site where I run my own email server. Quick solution for me was to have the email for the cronjob sent to my own email server which then forwards it to my outlook.com

My ToDo List

Change my primary email address to anything except outlook.com / live.com / gmail etc.

Easier to manage my own email server and that's saying something!

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.