Outlook emails going straight to my deleted folder

I'm having problems with my Outlook - every email that I'm receiving is being re-directed to my deleted items. Naturally, I'm not being notified when this occurs and therefore I'm having to monitor this folder.

Can anyone advise or assist on how I can refresh this so that emails go straight into my inbox again? 

Many thanks

Hi Chris,

If your emails are automatically sent to the Deleted Items folder, it could be that there are Inbox rules that are configured that would send your messages to a folder. May we know if you have set up any rules in your Outlook.com account? You can check it by going to Options > Mail > Automatic processing > Inbox and sweep rules. If there are rules, kindly review each one and see if a rule is set up to send messages to your Deleted Items folder.

On another note, there is an outage in Outlook.com that affects users from sending and/or receiving email messages. Our engineering team is aware and working towards a fix.

You may check the status of the outage through the Service Health portal. You may also click the Show more button to view the details of the issue.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

110 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Our engineering team has completed a roll-over in Outlook.com, however, there are still reports of the issue in sending and/or receiving email messages. May we know if you are still experiencing this issue?

We look forward to your response.

41 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi David, 

I'm afraid not, no. 

I've got a rule so that all my emails are sent through to Inbox but I'm still getting them through to my deleted items. I used to have rules for certain emails as I get through about 100 per day and nothing (other than everything through to my inbox) is going into their correct folder. 

Thanks
Chris 

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Chris,

It could be that the rules configured are conflicting with other rules. We suggest that you uncheck all rules that are set up in your account and see if the emails are now received in your Inbox folder. If you received the emails, turn on a rule one by one and see if a rule is the cause of your email messages going to the Deleted Items folder.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 204,630 Applies to: