Outlook email

Hi All.

First I apologise if my use of product names is wrong as far as I can see Outlook can refer to two different things.

My problem is this I use Microsoft Outlook (2007) for the collecting of my emails from three different email address. One of which is an Hotmail.com address. I have not problem in sending or receiving from this address through Outlook (2007). But if I go into my Microsoft Account and then click on view inbox I get an error message as follows:-

:-(

Something went wrong

We can't get that information right now. Please try again later.

cId: FB399E4D927948D6956FB0AB85B0376Capp: Mailst: 500reqid: undefinedwsver: undefinedefe: undefinedebe: undefinedet: ClientErroresrc: Bootstraperr: TypeError: Unable to get property 'bootstrapMailModule' of undefined or null referenceestack: TypeError: Unable to get property 'bootstrapMailModule' of undefined or null reference at runBootstrap (https://outlook.live.com/mail/?bO=2:231:9)at Global code (https://outlook.live.com/mail/?bO=2:245:9)ts: 28/03/2018 08:37:41

Fewer details...

Refresh the page

The gobbillygook in the middle appeared when I clicked on a line saying further details.

I also have a link in favourites to go straight to my inbox instead of going through my Account. I get the same message going down this route. I use this link in order to check if anything important has gone into the spam folder and therefore not sent to Outlook(2007).

Can you please tell me what has suddenly caused this to happen and how do I correct it.

Regards Paddy

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

I am still waiting for a reply regarding my question. I have since discovered that I can get into my inbox on my PC if I use Internet Explorer 11 instead of Edge. I see that this problem has been raised by many thousands of people having read through a lot of the questions posted on this site regarding this problem. I have tried all the remedies suggested and none of them work. Can you please explain how I clear cache browsing history and all just in case I am doing it wrong.

Regards Paddy

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Paddy,

I would like to know if you have sorted your issue with Outlook. If yes, it would be a great help if you could provide the steps you have done that resolved your Outlook concern. Otherwise, let us know if you still need assistance.

Looking forward to your response.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jose,

I still have the problem and I have tried everything that has been suggested in all the different topics regarding this problem. I saw that in one of the conversations about this problem ( I cannot find it now) it was viewed by over 20,000 people. I find it amazing that there are a lot of people out there who have this problem and Microsoft do not seem to have an answer for it. I can still access my emails through Office Outlook (2007 version) on this  PC and can access using Internet Explorer 11 but that is not very satisfactory as I keep getting script error notices on 11 so do not use it now, I just use Edge. I have no problem accessing my emails using my Laptop.

I hope there will be a solution.

Regards Paddy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Paddy,

Thanks a lot for the information. It is good to hear that you are able to access your email using Outlook 2007 and via Edge.

The only issue is when you use Internet Explorer 11 where you still getting script error notices. Based from the information you have provided, you have exhausted every troubleshooting steps suggested regarding the issue. I am not sure if you have tried the methods on this article but it's worth a try.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your response.

I think you have misread my reply. I still have the problem I cannot get into my emails using Edge nor can I get into my emails if I login to my account through Edge and then click on email inbox when using my PC. Yes I can get my hotmail.com emails through Office Outlook on my PC but if any important emails have gone into Junk/Spam for any reason they will not be picked up by Office Outlook so I have to check every couple of days by logging into my hotmail.com account directly.  I can only do it through Internet Explorer, in which yes I get the Script Error messages anything up to 20 or more one after each other. As I do not use Internet Explorer this does not bother me, it is just annoying if and when I want to check my emails directly with my hotmail.com account. A bit of further information for you is that I can do everything with no problems on this PC with my wife's hotmail.com account and as I said in original post I can do everything with no problems using Edge on my Laptop.

So what is it that is causing this problem just on my hotmail.com account when using my PC?

What does that error message shown in my original post mean? Surely someone at Microsoft must know and therefore be able to offer up a solution.

Regards Paddy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Paddy,

Based from the information you have provided, it seems that there are 2 main issues that we are having on one PC:

1. Issue with Edge when trying to access your email directly.
  2. When using Internet Explorer, we are getting script error.

What we can try is to create a new profile on your PC to isolate if the issue is caused by your PC profile. Once you have created a new user profile on your PC, try to access your email using Edge, IE and Outlook and see if we will encounter the same errors.

Keep us updated on the outcome.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for responding.

It is so long since I created a profile on my PC. Is that the same as creating a Microsoft Account? If it is then how do I do it? If it is not then how do I do it.

I changed my Microsoft Account Profile details just slightly but still got the same problem.

Regards Paddy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Paddy,

If you are using Windows 8.1 follow the steps below on how to create a local account on your PC:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
  2. Tap or click Accounts, and then tap or click Other accounts.
  3. Tap or click Add an account, and then tap or click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
  4. Tap or click Local account.
  5. Enter a user name for the new account.
  6. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, and then tap or click Next.

If your PC is on a domain, depending on the domain's security settings, you might be able to skip this step and tap or click Next, if you prefer.
  7. Tap or click Finish.

If you are using other Windows version, kindly refer to these links:

After creating a local profile, check if we will still encounter issues when accessing your email using Edge, IE and Outlook.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jose,

I am using Windows 10 Home Edition.

I started to do the instructions as per second link above but I do not understand why I have to put in my email address that I already use for my existing Microsoft Account and then have to use the same password because it then ask me to get a security code so that I can change my password. I do not want to do anything that is going to alter anything that I have that has worked in the past but has now stopped. Unless that is a cure to this problem is found. 

I am a  70 year old who is now totally confused.

Regards Paddy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I am still waiting for a reply regarding my question. I have since discovered that I can get into my inbox on my PC if I use Internet Explorer 11 instead of Edge. I see that this problem has been raised by many thousands of people having read through a lot of the questions posted on this site regarding this problem. I have tried all the remedies suggested and none of them work. Can you please explain how I clear cache browsing history and all just in case I am doing it wrong.

Regards Paddy

i do not want the following accounts :

yahoo

bing 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 466 Applies to: