Out of Office on user email also being send to Shared Mailbox

Hi guys,

One of my users has created a rule on a shared mailbox (in OWA) so that every email being send to that mailbox, a copy is send to his mailbox as well. This is all working well.

Now he is going on a holiday and has set his Out of office. The issue is though, that the same Out of office message from the user is being send to the people who've send an email to that Shared mailbox... I thought that the rule he created just sends a copy from the mail that's being received in the shared mailbox to him and that's it. It look like the Out of office reply's back to that message but you've think that the message is send back to the Shared mailbox and not a step further which is the person who send the e-mail to the box. I have been searching for a solution but wasn't able to, hope someone can help me with this one. 

Well if the user has an out of office rule in their own mailbox and a message comes from any source (including forwarding from the Shared mailbox) that rule will process and send an out of office to those as well.

They should probably quit having messages auto-forward to their mailbox.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That is what I was thinking about as well. Maybe someone has a neat little trick to keep that rule enabled. For now I'll suggest just turning that rule off.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think for an Out of Office message that you can customize it much.

Otherwise if one could, you could try and setup a rule to only send an OOO message to messages that don't go to the share mailbox address.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 1,384 Applies to: