Not receiving promotional/Gift Card emails to Hotmail acct from Starbucks, Hotels.com, Kroger, etc.

I'm not receiving promotional/Gift Card emails sent to Hotmail acct from companies such as Starbucks, Hotels.com, Kroger, etc in the last 2 months this has been on the uptick. I can correspond with their support just fine, but when it comes to the promotional/Gift Card messages in question I never get them.

I've had Kroger gift card services resend the msg 2x & still unable to ever see a msg come thru or be able to be recovered.

99% of the time I view my Hotmail emails is Gmail via Gmailify link. I'm also unable to find these lost emails in Hotmail/Outlook.com's Recover deleted items even.

Only junk email I have setup is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and have 1 rule to move messages from 1 sender that doesn't correlate to any of this to the Inbox. 

Hello,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide the following information:

• Can you tell us if you have tried sending a test email to your email address? Were you able to receive it without any issue?
  • Are these email senders on your safe senders' list?
  • Have you tried accessing your Outlook email account on a different PC? 

We'll wait for your response.

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It's very selective. Was watching another thread & followed the instructions on how to submit my ticket to an Outlook.com support agent so I think this thread can be disolved.

• Can you tell us if you have tried sending a test email to your email address? Were you able to receive it without any issue?
  • Yes, I get many legit & spam emails daily without issues. Seems to be localized to the stated promotional/gift card senders.
  • Are these email senders on your safe senders' list?
  • No, why would I put the internet on my safe senders' list, especially when I'm not sure who/when I'm expecting something from them? And I also don't know what domain they'd be sending the message from. Not sure why I'd be expected to do this for every msg.
  • Have you tried accessing your Outlook email account on a different PC? 
  • Yes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for providing the information. Sorry if I got you confused about asking if the email senders are on the safe sender's list. What I meant to ask is; Are the companies who are sending you gift cards in your safe sender's list? If they are, have you tried accessing your Outlook email on the web browser directly? If yes, have you check the Spam/ Junk folder directly? 

You've mentioned that you are going to submit a ticket to the Outlook in-app support and want to have the case closed. Can you confirm this? 

We'll wait for your response.

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Bob, 

They're of no help thus far though.

They took control of my mailbox with a code and came back requesting special email addresses instead of just the companies domains. This is lame.

Can you do this same function, but with some actual resolution? I can't keep dealing with another $100 of lost gift cards and playing with support on both sides. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Given your present situation, I would suggest consulting the Outlook in-app support to have an in-depth troubleshooting. They can provide better assistance because they can pull-up your account.

Regards,

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Close this out Bob. FYI they claim to have made an adjustment to my account and want to know how it acts over next day. Thus far I still can't get the password reset that I have issues with receiving that I can bang on ondemand. So frustrating. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is noted, In the future, if you will have other Office apps concern, you can always post back to the community.

Regards,

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I’ve been having the same problem EdenRed also advised they are getting allot of calls regarding hotmail accounts not recieving voucher / gift card emails.

Outlook works fine only appears to be a hotmail issues, all other emails are able to be sent and recieved without issue.

any ideas Bob?

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's tough, but this has been my awakening to finally move on past hotmail. I 1/32nd migrated previously, but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Especially given the pain of dealing with support contacts over lost promotion/gift card emails. Hotels.com was even able to tell me hotmail was a delivery failed with 2 different gift cards and of course redirect to Gmail was the workaround.

Eventually support gave me a form link for the remote party to submit to hotmail for mail flow assistance. No way am I babysitting numerous big companies and trying to get them to submit that!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 1,795 Applies to: