My outlook.com email account is not receiving any email since this morning.

I didn't change any setting. I have tried many test emails, it seems I can send emails out through this outlook.com email, but can't receive anything. Can anyone help me with this please? Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 650 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I am having the same problem, although I cannot send or receive emails.

Can someone at Microsoft please look into this and give us a service update.

The silence is deafening.

(yes - we have all tried clearing our cache and updating our browsers.)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi OrsonLGB and lloydpearson,

There is a possibility that you are unable to receive emails due to the settings of your account especially the Junk mail filters and Email rules. Kindly visit the article provided below to make sure that you have the correct settings in your account:

I'm not receiving emails sent by my family or friends

You can also check this link for additional information why emails are not reaching your Inbox.

Please let us know if you are not receiving emails from a specific contact and notify us if the issue persists even after you have followed the instructions on the article.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not receiving email from  ANYONE!  You need to fix this ASAP. I'm extremely angry and frustrated. What's up with you people?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been having this problem for a couple weeks now. No one is helping out at all. It is my company email. No telling how many clients I have lost due to this issue. I have been on here every day looking for answers. I have no rules set on the account. It does show that is is a send and receive account. It has nothing to do with the junk settings. It is not being forwarded to any other account. I dont know if I am more frustrated with the lack of help or losing business!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JackieHulihan and Jennifer Aldridge,

We understand that it is frustrating on your part not to be able to receive email messages from your email account.

There are multiple reasons why an account is not receiving emails, these are:

A. Filter Settings of the account

To ensure that your account filter settings are not causing incoming email not to be delivered to your account, I suggest that you visit this link:

I am not receiving Email sent by friends/family

B. Inbox is full.

There are some user not receiving emails due to there is no enough space from the Inbox. Free account initial storage limit is 5GB and 10GB for premium account. If you've exceeded the initial storage limit, please try to get rid of unnecessary email to free up some space from your account.

C. Mail Client Settings

User might not also send or receive emails due to incorrect configuration when accessing account using Mail Client. For this reason, please reconfigure your account by following the settings of the link below:

Send and receive Hotmail from an email app

D. 3rd Party Email account

If you are using University email account such as (.edu) or other 3rd party account, it is possible that there is an issue with your network/server. You might need to contact your domain administrator for further assistance. They may have changed some settings in your domain's system that's why you are having problems receiving emails.

If the above steps provided did not resolve your issue, I would like to ask additional details regarding your concern:

> Are you trying to access your account using a web browser or a Mail Client such as Windows Live Mail?
> Have you tried to send a test mail to your own email address? did you receive the test email?

Lastly, please let us know the affected email address so we could investigate the issue on your account.

Note: Please sign-in to this website in order to see the Private Message tab where you can provide the email account. We also need you to reply back to this post if you already provided the information on the private data area. This will help facilitate our actions regarding your issue.

Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

You included me on this thread but I had an issue with receiving FB notifications.

I was helped by someone else and the instructions I was given, I finally got it right.

The person helping me did a great job and was patient and thorough. I may have, at some

point, put "me too" in reference to this thread. However, I then realized I needed to

explain my situation more.

Right now, I'm good.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is not my filter settings, I have nothing in my inbox so I know it isnt that, Mail Client settings? I just go to hotmail.com and sign in like I always have. I have no 3rd party account set up. Everything was fine till it switched to Outlook.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jennifer Aldridge,

I apologize for the delayed response. I have checked your account on the private message that you have provided and noticed that you are using an EASI ( Email as sign in) account. Please try to contact the admin support of your domain to ensure that there is no issue on their end.

Furthermore, you may try to submit a Hotmail deliverability form through this link.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JackieHulihan,

I'm sorry the late response, I'm glad to know that your account is now running good. However, if the issue persist please provide us your affected email address in the private message created by Moderator JR_N.

This will help us to investigate the account in question on our end.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. I cannot receive any email from any source since this morning (last mail I received was at 9.44) but I can still send them. My Inbox isn't full, I have checked filter settings and I am using Firefox 20.0.1 with Silverlight installed. I really believe the problem is on your end as I tested my mail box on other computers I have at home with the same results but they work with other Outlook.com accounts. Among the other things I am even a subscriber for Windows Live Hotmail Plus! (it expires Nov 2013) so I am actually paying to use my email ... and I can't ...

This is quite disappointing ...

Sorry this didn't help.