my email address is being seen as junk/spam by hotmail/live

I have a .co.uk business email account and recently emails I send to my clients are being sent straight into their spam/junk folders and not getting to them. All these clients have hotmail or live accounts. You must have changed your filters. But I am a bona fide business as a funeral celebrant. I only send drafts of funeral services to individual people to seek their approval before I deliver the service for their loved one. It really is causing a problem for me as it is a stressful enough time for people without me having to tell them to check their spam for my email - half of whom are not confident with email in the first place. It doesn’t exactly make me feel good that all my hard work and care is being viewed as junk by hotmail.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Joe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand your frustration on the issue when your sent emails are being received as spam by your recipients. I'm glad to assist you regarding this matter.

If the emails that you send arrived as junk email to your recipients, it is possible that their email filters are set to Exclusive, which means messages from senders not on their Contacts or Safe senders lists will be sent to the their Junk folder. If your recipients are Outlook.com accounts, they can follow these steps on how to set their email filter to Standard.
  1. On their inbox, click the gear icon and select More mail settings on the dropdown list.
  2. Under Preventing junk email, click Filters and reporting.
  3. Under Choose a junk e-mail filter choose Standard and then click Save.
I would advise you to inform your recipients to add your email address to their Safe senders list, so the next time you send an email, it will go to straight to their Inbox. 

If issue persists, kindly provide us with the affected email address on the private message that I have started. To view the private message, log in first to the Microsoft Community, go to this thread and click the "You have a private reply to this message" link above your post.

Let us know how things turn out. We're looking forward to your response.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I also have this same problem. I am a photographer and use my .com domain to send emails to potential clients that have enquired through my website. Every email I send to a hotmail, outlook or MSN address goes straight into their junk folder. I have missed several possible customers before I discovered this. 

This is not a case of them having their email filters set to "exclusive" as is happens to every recipient.

I have a legitimate business and I do not email people without them first requesting information through my website.

How do I stop my domain being classed as spam/junk?

Thanks,

Paul

156 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My hotmail account is basically down.   What e-mails I get go directly to junk. My cell phone and my ipad are receiving no e-mails at all.  I am in the middle of buying a new house and moving across the country. I desperately  need communication. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi SHARIBENSON,

Welcome to Microsoft Community! Let me assist you regarding your query on why the emails from virutalinfo.in is going to your junk mail folder.

Please try to check the settings on your account, below are the steps on what to check:

A. Add the email address to your Safe senders list

1. On your inbox, click the gear icon and select More mail settings on the dropdown list.

2. Under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders.

3. Click Safe Senders.

4. In the text box, type in the email address or domain you’d like to always receive email from, and then click Add to list >>.

B. Check your Email Rules

1. On your inbox, click the gear icon and select More mail settings on the dropdown list.

2. Under Customizing Outlook, click Rules for sorting new messages.

3. Perform one of the actions as per your requirement:

Click Edit next to the rule that you want to edit.

Or

Choose the rule that you want to delete and click Delete.

Note: Not all international characters are supported as filters.

C. Check your Junk Mail Settings

2. Under Preventing junk email, click Filters and reporting.

3. Under Choose a junk e-mail filter, choose the level of protection that you want, and then click Save. If the Exclusive level was set, messages from senders not on your Contacts or Safe senders lists will have been sent to the Junk e-mail folder.

Hope this resolved your concern. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have other concern.

Thanks,

Edmund

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problems too.

I do not run a business, but I volunteer for a local non-for-profit organization. Their website hoster (free donation as well) divert all inquiry to my hotmail address, and I need to send emails, with a reply-to address different to mine (using the organization's inquiry address). I believe this may have caused my emails (on behalf of the organization and personal ones) to the junk and spam folder. Is there any way I can avoid this?

There are also times that we have to send out bulk emails to announce an event or sending out newsletter. Which means I could very well be sending out 200 emails a day, but all to members who registered their email addresses with us, plus some public office holders.

Recently, after i started using my iPhone 5, Microsoft started to suspect my account was compromised. Every time I want to send out an email, I have to put in my password.

Is there a way that I can tell Microsoft that I am not a spammer?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jane 咏梅Chen 陈,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand that your sent emails are also being delivered as junk to your recipients.

One possible reason why this is happening is because the reputation of your account is low. To increase the reputation of an account, you just need to use it often. You can also perform SMS validation through https://sms.live.com to increase the reputation of your account. Please try this to try to fix the issue.

If SMS validation does not work, get back to us with your affected email address so we can check the account for you. You can provide your email address on the private message. Please login to this website to see the private message tab. Kindly post back to this public thread once you have replied to the private message to notify us of your post.

Thank you.

Johan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

I am having the same problem. I am Photographer and EMails to clients from my domain are getting filtered to junk by live.co.uk which means I am losing business. How can I get my domain validated by microsoft as it seems to be the only email service that is doing this to my emails

Thanks
Mark

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mark_Fraser,

I understand that your domain is being blocked from sending emails to Outlook.com users. We'll assist you with this.

It is possible that the emails from your domain are being rejected by Outlook.com for policy reasons.

If you are a customer using the 3rd party email service:

Please contact your domain administrator and ask them to get in touch with the Outlook.com Sender Support Team. They have to fill out the e-form that can be found on the following link.

If you do not know how you can get in touch with your domain admin, you can use WHOIS tools to search for your contact e-mail address of your domain admin.

If you are the 3rd party Domain Administrator:

1. Please review our policies and guidelines at http://postmaster.live.com.

2. If you are in compliance, submit a support request to our Email and Delivery Filtering Services team by clicking on the link to the e-form under the troubleshooting section in the postmaster site mentioned above.

For added information, please visit:

Mail rejected by Outlook.com for policy reasons

Kindly let us know the results. Your cooperation and understanding is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello

I also have this same problem. I am a tour operator and use .com domain to send emails to potential clients that have enquired through my website. Every email I send to a hotmail, outlook or MSN address goes straight into their junk folder. I have missed several possible customers before I discovered this. 

This is not a case of them having their email filters set to "exclusive" as is happens to every recipient.

I have a legitimate business and I do not email people without them first requesting information through my website.

How do I stop my domain being classed as spam/junk? I would be grateful your advice.

Thanks,

Balaram Thapa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Balaram Thapa,

I understand that you are having an issue in sending emails to all Microsoft accounts. I will be glad to help you out. 

This issue is best resolved by our Email delivery support team. Fill out and submit a form on the form that is included on the link below to resolve your issue. 

Email delivery support team

Let us know if you have more questions. 

Thank you. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2021 Views 43,539 Applies to: