how to see sender email address

Since Microsoft fixed the Hotmail email to outlook, it no longer shows me the sender's email address.

How can I see the sender email address.  This newfangled thing seems to be determined from letting me see it.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hover the cursor over the name.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

To my perspective this newfangled fix is more nuisance, not an improvement.  Why did we need this newfangled fix in the first place?  I didn't see anything that was broke in the previous version.  When a user has to post an inquiry as to how to see the sender email, it should be ringing a loud bell that this is a very user UNfriendly program.  It was much more user friendly before it was fixed.

How do I copy the sender email?  I need to get it into another software program.

Previously, I was just able to copy and paste it.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I hovered my mouse pointer over the sender name of a message and a mini v-card popped up. I then selected and copied the address from that card.
Brian

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know what you did, but when I "hovered" and cliked it didn't copy -tried it several times and each time it did something different - but not what I wanted to get.  Why does it need to take 3 or 4 days, or more and multiple help requests just to simply see and get the sender's email address?  And all I get is frustration.  And I still haven't got it. This is user UNfriendliness.  Why is it so important to hide the relevant info and make me do all this contortionist nonsense?  New and improved is what this ISN'T!

Why can't I just get the header to the email message like

Subject: _______________

Date: __________ (time and date stamp)

To: _________________ (recipient)

That would actually be relevant and user friendly.

Put it in text format so the info is actually usable.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I wanted to send an email to the same 10 or so people that I previously sent to.  So, I open up a previous message with the same addresses.  But I can't get at the sent to addresses.  If I dare to move my mouse into that area all sorts of things pop up when I move the mouse about an inch.  But I still can't get at the sent to list.  Wasted over 3/4 hr and still haven't got near getting to the sent to list from a previous message.

Please fix it.   Or more appropriately, unfix what wasn't broke until you fixed it.  Previously, I was actually able to see the sent to addresses, highlight them with the mouse, right click & copy and then paste it where I want it.  Probably took less than a minute to do it.

Each so called "new" version of the interface for Hotmail is more user unfriendly and exponentially more dysfunctional than the one it replaced.  Unfortunately, you're not alone.  Yahoo recently "fixed" their finance page and there are thousands, maybe tens of thousands by now who are saying literally the same exact thing.  ... IT SUCKS-BRING BACK THE OLD VERSION! ...some less politely than others.  But Yahoo is losing more and more users by the day and trying to sell the business at what amounts to a fire sale. 

You are just trying to drive users like me away to find some other vendor who is less user unfriendly and less dysfunctional.  Being a shareholder of MSFT makes this nonsense even more troubling to me.  Perhaps I should address my concerns to the board of directors to advise them of how you make the email function more user unfriendly and increase the dysfunctional factor and call it new and improved.   While it may be new, its the opposite of anything that could in any way resemble an improvement.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Recently, I used my old xp laptop to use hotmail.   It actually worked.  I was actually able to see the sender of a received email without a lot of nonsense waste of time.  I was able to see the addresses of those I sent messages to.  Didn't have to waste any time to highlight and copy the info I actually needed.  Certainly much more productive.  It was certainly much less DYSFUNCTIONAL than the current newfangled piece of crap and less user unfriendly.  Thankfully, you're no longer updating xp, so hopefully hotmail will be usable for the foreseeable future.  I didn't get the 29 or so useless popup whatevers when I move the pointer around either.  This is a very strong motivation to keep this old xp laptop and never update it.

Why can't you let me use the same interface in win7?

Based on the above I can only guess that win10 is even more dysfunctional and user unfriendly.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Choosing Reply All would address your message to the exact same list of people. You can change the subject and body so it's not actually a reply, but the recipient list would match.
Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That doesn't solve anything.  There are many different reasons I need to see sender email address.  Such as copying one email address from a list to paste it into another program, or as many folks use more than one email address to see which email address it is, etc.  Sending to the exact same list isn't useful at all since I frequently add or delete addresses from a specific message.

Why does MSFT go to great lengths to prevent me from being able to see and use hotmail in a productive manner? 

Why is each new version significantly more dysfunctional than the one it replaces?  Is there an award for the most dysfunctional email program?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know why you think you can't see the addresses. I see them in either the old "Outlook.com" or the new "Outlook Mail" interface without any issues. For the former, I click the "Show header details" button to the right of my (the recipient) address. For the latter, I hover the mouse over the display name and the address card pops up containing the address.
Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 How do I get to the old "outlook.com"?

2 There is no "show header details" - how do I get that?

3 when I move the mouse around the top of the message, all I get is a pop up asking me if I want to schedule a meeting.  USELESS waste of technology !!!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 7,053 Applies to: