How to block unwanted and dirty e-mails in Hotmail?
By dirty I mean that some e-mails look like coming from **** and some comming from drug dealers selling Viagra etc. I am tired of deleting so many disturbing e-mails. Please let me know how to block them permanently? Thank you for giving me help.
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Kindly report the email address to MicrosoftOnline Safety team(*** Email address is removed for privacy ***). The Abuse Team will investigate the account and they can
close it. For more information on where to send your complaints, please refer to the Solution Article below:
2. Move your cursor over the Folders link on the left pane.
3. Click on the Gear icon, and then click Manage Rules.
4. Click New.
5. For this step you will be asked to setup your rule.
6. Under Step 1: Which messages do you want this rule to apply to?
Choose the condition that you want to apply, 3 fields are required for this step. On the first field when you click the drop down button you have,
- Sender's address, Sender's name,To /cc address, Subject and Messages has attachments.
- On the second field you have is, contains, contains word, does not contain, begins with, ends with.
- On the third field you will enter the word that can conclude the action of the 2 fields (for example
Subject, is, SPAM).
7. Under Step 2: What action do you want to apply?
8. Click the button beside Delete these messages.
9. Click Save.
On the top of that, you can also set your Junk mail filter setting to
Exclusive. If you set your Junk mail filter level to Exclusive, only messages from your contacts and safe sender’s lists will be allowed to go to your Inbox.