How to add Office365 account to Outlook.com service using EAS

Hi There,

I manage my personal email and calendar using Windows Live Mail and Outlook.com. These two sync with each other automatically. In the past, I have also used the interface to access other emails, having different accounts easily viewable and usable as required.

I have recently started studying at an educational institution, that has given us Office365 web service accounts. There are also calendars available etc. I have added the institution's calendars to my Outlook.com/Live Mail without any issues at all, using ICS. I would also like to add my Office365 educational email account as a Send/Receive account in my Outlook.com/Live Mail. 

I used the Office365 function that gives you a pop up dialogue with the POP3 settings, but when I use these settings in the Advanced section of the "Add a Send/Receive Account" portion of the Outlook.com interface, I get messages that tell me that they cannot connect with the service or that the user name and password may be wrong.

I also asked my institution's IT department and they gave me the same server names but somewhat different Port/SSL settings. These also did not work. They have checked that their POP3 services are working for others though. I also tried using full and partial email addresses as login names etc and played with some of the SSL and port settings, without success.

The IT department suggested strongly that I should use EAS or IMAP to set up the account, but as far as I know, this is not an option in Outlook.com. If somebody can tell me how to do this, that would be very helpful.

I did consider moving my personal services over to the Office365 environment, but had various issues there:

1) When I tried to add my personal outlook.com account in the "Connected Accounts" page, it said that it couldn't connect, although I double checked that I had enabled POP access on my Outlook.com account. I also tried using the main email address and alias addresses without success.

2) When I imported my personal Outlook.com calendar into Office365 as an ICS, all of the times were shifted by 1 hour (although they appear fine in Outlook.com and Live Mail), which makes the integration as good as useless really.

It seems to me, that it should really be very straight-forward to integrate these two services from Microsoft. As far as I know, the stimulus for Microsoft to create Outlook.com and Office365.com was that Google removed support for EAS and for Calendar syncing... but I am now having problems because Outlook.com doesn't seem to offer the option of adding an account using EAS, Office365 refuses to find the Outlook.com email account and the calendars that I try to share across the two services will not share accurately.

Any help that people can give will be gratefully received.

X

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to add your Office 365 account as a send-and-receive account in Outlook.com and I'm here to assist you. Please refer to the link below for the correct settings on settings up your pop account in Outlook.com:

Set up your Gmail, Yahoo! Plus, or Microsoft email accounts in Outlook.com

If you are still unable to successfully set up your account in Outlook.com, I suggest that you set up your Office 365 account as a send only account and forward emails from your Office 365 account to your Outlook.com account so that you are still sending and receiving emails only that it is different but still similar. Refer to the steps below on how to add a send only account:

1. Sign in to your main account.

2. Click the Options icon , and then click More mail settings.
  3. Click Your email accounts.

4. Click Add a send-only account, enter the email address and password for your other account, and then click Next.

Next would be the forwarding, follow the steps below:

1. Choose which account will be your main account, and then sign in to your other account.
  2. Click the Options icon , and then click More mail settings.
  3. Click Email forwarding.
  4. Select Forward your mail to another email account.
  5. Enter the email address for the main account.
  6. If you want, select Keep a copy of forwarded messages in your Outlook inbox, and then click Save.

On your problem regarding setting up your Outlook.com account in your Office 365 account, please refer to this link.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 10 Applies to: