How do I stop email alert pop ups. (have W10 so I have outlook.)

How do I stop email alert pop ups. (have W10 so I have outlook.) I absolutely HATE Outlook. Strongly considering switching to anything that doesn't have me chained to the worst email app ever written. Sorry .. I tried and tried to get the pop ups turned off but they just keep coming.  Please any help will be gratefully accepted.

DM

Answer
Answer

Windows 10 comes with "Mail" -- Not Outlook.

Unless you are referring to your login (which is your MS account.)

If you open the "Mail" application (Press Windows Key type Mail) then at the bottom there should be a gear/sprocket for settings. There in the settings a Notification option. Check "Apply to all accounts." If you have multiple setup in the mail app. Then UNCHECK "Show a Notification Banner." Then toggle the switch "Off" -- I had to uncheck show a notification banner, before toggling the switch off, so it would stop with the notifications.

You can also click "Manage Accounts." from in the settings of Mail. Click your outlook.com account, choose "Change mailbox sync settings." From there you can turn off syncing of your Email to the mail app -- Nothing Syncs = No pop ups / notifications.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 2, 2023 Views 2,137 Applies to: