Help: cant sign into my hotmail account/ now the new Outlook.

Hi

I cant sign into my hotmail account/ now the new Outlook. . Ive tried for 2 hours to correct but without joy. IE it does not work on Firefox or IE. Ive checked time/ date which are correct and updated firefox. But still does not let me log in.

In firefox, following problem, is listed:

col126.mail.live.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:

mail.live.com , m.mail.live.com , contacts.live.com , hotmail.co.jp , hotmail.co.uk , hotmail.com , hotmail.live.com , hotmail.msn.com , people.live.com , www.hotmail.com , www.hotmail.msn.com , www.mail.live.com , dvt.mail.live.com , dub002.afx.ms , dub002.mail.live.com , dub101.afx.ms , dub101.mail.live.com , dub102.afx.ms , dub102.mail.live.com , dub103.afx.ms , dub103.mail.live.com , dub104.afx.ms , dub104.mail.live.com , dub105.afx.ms , dub105.mail.live.com , dub106.afx.ms , dub106.mail.live.com , dub107.afx.ms , dub107.mail.live.com , dub108.afx.ms , dub108.mail.live.com , dub109.afx.ms , dub109.mail.live.com , dub110.afx.ms , dub110.mail.live.com , dub111.afx.ms , dub111.mail.live.com , dub112.afx.ms , dub112.mail.live.com , dub113.afx.ms , dub113.mail.live.com , dub114.afx.ms , dub114.mail.live.com , dub115.afx.ms , dub115.mail.live.com , dub116.afx.ms , dub116.mail.live.com , dub117.afx.ms , dub117.mail.live.com , dub118.afx.ms , dub118.mail.live.com , dub119.afx.ms , dub119.mail.live.com , dub120.afx.ms , dub120.mail.live.com , dub121.afx.ms , dub121.mail.live.com , dub122.afx.ms , dub122.mail.live.com , dub123.afx.ms , dub123.mail.live.com , dub124.afx.ms , dub124.mail.live.com , dub125.afx.ms , dub125.mail.live.com , dub126.afx.ms , dub126.mail.live.com , dub127.afx.ms , dub127.mail.live.com , dub128.afx.ms , dub128.mail.live.com , dub129.afx.ms , dub129.mail.live.com , dub130.afx.ms , dub130.mail.live.com , dub131.afx.ms , dub131.mail.live.com , dub132.afx.ms , dub132.mail.live.com , dub133.afx.ms , dub133.mail.live.com , dub134.afx.ms , dub134.mail.live.com , dub135.afx.ms , dub135.mail.live.com , dub136.afx.ms , dub136.mail.live.com , dub137.afx.ms , dub137.mail.live.com , dub138.afx.ms , dub138.mail.live.com 

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi DanielMadbros, NosAlex and carlos cely,

Thank you for posting here in Microsoft Community. We understand that you encountered issues with viewing your mailbox on Outlook.com.

We are aware that some Outlook.com users were unable to view their mailbox after signing in. Microsoft has already taken action to fix the issue and this should now be resolved. All users should now be able to view their mailbox on Outlook.com.

In case you are still encountering the same issue, we recommend that you try the initial troubleshooting of

optimizing your browsers.

You can click on the link below for steps.
Internet Explorer

Other browsers

In case the issue persists, reply to this post so we can provide further assistance.

Thank you.

Johan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

gets a note that the new way is w/outlook email  adress

The new way is browsing to the outlook.com url or web page address, http://www.outlook.com .

An outlook.com email address is not needed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Sirs,

Greetings

I have problem to get in received messages after signing in my Hotmail account.
After signing in my account is opened ,but no response to my click to any message or order.
Please kindly solve the problem.This the second time to happen the same case.

Please kindly solve the problem asap.

I appreciate your quick response,

Dr. Mukhtar

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi - I still can't get into my hotmail.  It was ok till last night.  Help please!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

and me ............ ever since the so-called upgrade

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey

I sorted mine.  It was my antivirus (Bullguard) blocking access to the site.  I just went into Settings for antivirus/safe browsing and unchecked bing.  Hey presto I can get hotmail again.

Not sure if it'll work with all security but might be worth a try.  Hope it helps someone.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is what I am getting Bullguard says there is no threat

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to dub115.mail.live.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

dub115.mail.live.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to dub113.mail.live.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

Clearing cashes does not work.

Bull guard on or off results in the same.

Chrome, Internet explorer and Firefox have the same problem.

Can access email via iphone on same wifi network.

Other on same network also running bull guard can access their email.

Had no access issue until today (worked yesterday).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for that LinPoole, sorted now and working fine. Cheers. H

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It could be something to do with Bullguard. There is a 'safe browsing' setting buried inside in the settings for Bullguard (running w7), to 'show' safe results for google, yahoo, bing and facebook. 

No problems with google or yahoo accounts strangely enough. Just the dub (numbered) dot live dot mail servers, . . . which I know Microsoft says, they change from time to time. 

Possibly Bullguard 'safe browsing' isn't able to update itself fast enough, to stay current with whatever Microsoft web mail server is doing. 

This problem only just occurred in the last two days. Fine before hand. Strangely enough the live login for MSO 2013, sky/live drive and all of those other cloud-y things on the 'Live' servers function fine. Its just the web mail that is getting blocked, . . . across every browser I have tried to use. 

I'll definitely try the solution suggested above, for the Bullguard settings dialogue.

It is awkward though, to run into this problem, as others above have suggested. 

The problem with web mail in general though, is that it is getting progressively more and more 'brittle' each and every year that goes by, . . . . and more especially when one is using it across a number of devices/platforms. 

Nearly all the major providers have done their best to modernize and re-engineer this service. But still, it only keeps problems at bay for a short while, until it becomes brittle in some way again. 

It's interesting that Microsoft are getting into Skype and phones etc now, . . . . because unlike things like web mail accounts, phones are things that do have to work. And as phones become more and more like computers nowadays, one wonders are we going to be left with any devices, any more that are truly ninety nine percent reliable. 

I am sure there are a lot of folks who found this latest debacle with the dublin live mail server, a bit awkward to say the least. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 4, 2023 Views 38,549 Applies to: