Facebook profile pictures being used by Outlook. How to disable? Very unsettled by this.

I recently upgraded to Outlook from Hotmail. Outlook includes profile pictures of both myself and my contacts in outgoing and incoming emails. Said pictures change daily and are taken directly from my (and my contacts') Facebook Profile Pictures Album. This is completely inappropriate. I never consented to the inclusion of photos from social networking sites in my personal email. Two questions: How did Outlook access these photos in the first place, AND how do I disable this feature? I have seen no means of doing so in the "options" section of Outlook. I have also consulted a Microsoft rep. through chat and was directed to these forums. If there is no way to disable this feature, I will be deleting my Outlook/Hotmail account although I've had it in excess of a decade.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Answer
Answer
Yes, I don't like this either.  Try inbox -> Options -> Content from third party networks. Then click in Don't show Public content, and save.  That appears to have cleared it for me.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Everyone,

This is Carlo of the Outlook.com Support Escalations Team.  I am a Senior Support Analyst for Microsoft and I would like to give an update to everyone regarding this issue.  First, we want to apologize for our late response.  We assure everyone that we are strictly monitoring this thread.

We are extensively investigating this issue in our end.  We are actively communicating with other Microsoft Teams, particularly with Microsoft Engineers to find out the root cause of this issue in a swift manner.

We will immediately reach out to everyone via this thread once we are finished with our investigation.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Carlo

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2020 Views 26,529 Applies to: