error code 0x80072f89

I am getting this error code saying make sure connection and account are correct.  they are, I can get mail, can not send it.

I am also getting error 0x80004005 when I try send.  All outgoing messages are in the outgoing box.  I don't know how to try and resend.

Question Info

Last updated June 3, 2019 Views 8,632 Applies to:
I was having this issue too, I had changed server and set up my user account in it incorrectly. Fixed that now, re-created my mail account in windows and working fine again now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hold on, no it's not.lol.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am getting this error code saying make sure connection and account are correct.  they are, I can get mail, can not send it.

I am also getting error 0x80004005 when I try send.  All outgoing messages are in the outgoing box.  I don't know how to try and resend.

I just resolved this.  The problem was a certificate on my mail server which Windows kept taking as invalid.  I deleted the mail account and set it up again, making sure not to check the SSL boxes so that the certificate wouldn't be required.

I manage my own e-mails through a website of my own, so I'm sure the server I am connecting to is a valid one.

Hope this helps.

19 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.