emails not being received

Since late last year Nov/Dec2019 I have been sent emails by various contacts that are not being received by me. They are from all sorts of senders, personal, corporate, local authority domains.

Obviously I don't know exactly how many as I don't know what has been sent to me other than those who have subsequently phoned me to check.

i have gone through all of the procedures on the help pages, checking junk, blocked sender, rules etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. There are two senders in particular who I know I used to receive mail from prior to this issue becoming apparent to me but not now.

My account was set up in the 90's and is one of the first gen hotmail accounts. I access it on numerous devices, and the problem is the same on all. 

Hi Sosij,

I'm not sure if this was included in the help pages you went to, but could you please also add them to your Safe senders list? I find that adding them to my Address book sometimes helps also.

Best regards,
Rene O.
Outlook.com user and Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think that will work as I don;t know the full list of who is not getting through. I only know there's a problem from those who make the effort to let me know (if that makes sense).

One is a local company I was requesting support from during lockdown. I ended up phoning them because I hadn;t received the email. Another is a train company where I claim journey delay repay and receive automated emails. I had no problem from them for years until the end of last year when this all started. Another is a friend, we use different addresses now.

I have no way of knowing how many more are not being received.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are the emails not coming to your mailbox at all? Not even in the Junk folder?

Could you please also check for any possible email forwarding in place?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No sign of any email ever existing. Except for the senders having them in their sent box, there is no update in their inbox as undeliverable. 

So they send them and that's it. 

In some cases they are group emails and everyone else in the sent list receive them. It is my email that doesn't receive them in any form whatsoever.

I have checked every possible setting at my end (that is listed in any help files). But there is no human contact for help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We'll need to dig deeper than this. You could try and reach support via email to investigate this further. Please click on the link below.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=294734

I apologize if I cannot offer any further solution on this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 50 Applies to: