"Delivery failed" message when sending large files

I am having issues in regards with my Mail. its been saying delivery failure to a particular outlook account started lately since 5 days
How do i fix it? I can send text messages but on uploading a photograph with 20MB its saying delivery failed I dont get why
Kindly help out

Moved from feedback
Original title: I am having issues in regards with my Mail. - Delivery failed

Are you using (sending from) outlook.com or another e-mail program or service? Which?

Don

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I m using outlook itelf. I m sending it to my from hotmail and to my account (outlook). when on sending 16mb files it says delivery failed. when on sending short files it delivers. This account is newly created.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm using outlook itelf.

Thanks. I've moved your post to the outlook.com forum so that it will receive appropriate attention.

Don

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanku , appreciate it!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tom,

Let me help you with your concern about your issues on getting a delivery failure.

I suggest you to try optimizing your browser to make sure it is not causing the issue. You can refer to this link. Sometimes the best solution is the easiest.

Allow me to ask some questions also for us to come up with a right solution:

- Does this issue happen when you are uploading photos? How about other documents or file?

- Does it happen when you are sending to a specific address?

- Have you tried to upload or attach file other than that photo?

We will be asking for the complete message header of that delivery failure that you are getting when sending an email with attachments. I created a private message where you can provide that information. Please sign in to this website to see the private message tab or click "You have a private reply to this message" link just above your post to view the message.

We will be waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am experiencing a similar issue.  I sent an apparently too large video file to about 6 people, and got error message that file too large.  After that time, recipients would continue to get the email repeatedly (some of which could open, some could not), and I would get error messages regularly as well.  On my end, the error messages read as follows: 

"Undeliverable mail: {in the subject line with my subject"} 

With the following in the message area:  "This message wasn't delivered to anyone because it's too large. The limit is 16MB. This message is 28 MB.

Then lists the intended email recipient, with the following:

"This message won't be sent because it's too large."

I sent the file via email which is set up to go thru hotmail on my phone, a Samsung.  When I shut down outgoing mail on my phone (by changing the password thru the computer, and not updating the phone), the messages all stopped.  When I re-established the outgoing messages on the phone, the messages started again.  The AT&T store says it seems to be a hotmail "server" error.

Help!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi SEALIVING,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I'd be glad to assist you on your issue of not being able to send large files attached to your emails as you are getting an error that the message can't be sent because it is too large.

Please be informed that the maximum size of attachment/s that can be sent is through email is 25 Mb. For us to isolate your issue, kindly answer the questions I have listed.
  • Does the issue also occur if you are sending other files other than a video?
  • If you send the email with the video attachment one recipient at a time, does the same issue happen?
  • What is the size of the attachment that you are trying to send?

Another thing, if you need to send large attachments, I would suggest that you upload the file to SkyDrive and follow these steps.

1. Click New to create a new email.
  2. Click Insert on the upper part of the page and select Share from SkyDrive.
  3. Locate the file that you want to share and click Open.
  4. A preview of the file will be inserted on your email. This preview will serve as a link to the file you want to share.
We're looking forward to your response.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your help!

I haven't experienced the problem with any of the other emails I have sent from my phone recently.  And I had forgotten that the video file would be too large to send before I hit "send."  So badly wishing I could "take it back!" The recipients of that video file keep receiving it (one said it was 32 times in the last day and a half!).  I haven't tried to send the video file one at a time.  At this point, I am not concerned about sending the video, but more about getting the message to stop sending to the recipients, and the multiiple error messages to me!  20.77 MB is the size of the video.

Thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi SEALIVING,

Thank you for getting back to us. It's my pleasure on helping you to stop sending emails with attachments on your mobile phone.

If this issue only occurs on your mobile device, we suggest that you post your concern to our mobile forum. You may refer to this link. However, if this issue still happens via web browser, please get back to us so we can further assist you.

Don’t hesitate to update this thread if you have further questions.

Thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 7,598 Applies to: