Contacts are not loading in "To" when sending emails

Original title: Outlook Will Not Send Email to Contacts

The OUTLOOK switch was forced on me...I did not ask for it.  I have spent three days on the Outlook website and so-called "help" center trying to figure out what's wrong to no avail.  They don't even provide a phone number or chat line for customers to talk to a "live" person. 

When I had Hotmail, I was able to type the first few letters of the name and a list would appear that gave me a choice of the person I wanted to email.  Outlook does not have this feature.  If I want to send out 10 emails about the same subject, it won't even let you select multiple contacts. The People list does not show the person's email address.  I have contacts with more than one email address and need to verify that it's being sent to the right address.   As a mattter of fact, the "to" button does not work on my Outlook.  It does not pull up any contacts at all.  When I go to "People" my contacts are there but there is no option to send an email to those contacts. 

Does anyone have a clue to how this works?  Please send a reply as soon as possible because I have important emails to send to multiple contacts with the same subject.  If nobody can help me, I'll be switching to another provider even after being a Hotmail user for over 12 years,

Switching to Outlook was the WORSE thing that Microsoft could have done without considering its customers!!

Hi paralegalqueen,

Sorry for the delayed response on your issue. I'll be glad to help you with your issue that when sending emails and clicking "To" contacts are not loading. It is possible that the browser is causing the issue. Please try to optimize your browser, please click here for detailed steps. To isolate your issue, kindly verify if the problem also happens when using a different browser. Also make sure that the browser you are using is supported by Outlook.com. To know what are the supported browsers, you can refer to this link.

Your cooperation on this matter will be highly appreciated. I'll look forward for your reply.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your response.  I just discovered that you had answered my question.  I just posted another question on the forum site today.

I have IE7 on a Vista Home Premium PC.  I've had this browser for 4 years.  My technician that installed my PC advised me against IE8 because there were too many problems and told me to keep 7 as long as I could.  I've read some reviews of IE 9 and it seems to be worse than IE8.  The 10 version is not compatible with Vista operating systems. 

I'm waiting for my technician to get with me now but he has had a death in the family and hasn't been able to come yet.  I don't want to download any browser without talking to him first since it may damage my computer if it's not compatible.  I've tried Firefox a couple of times but it seems to run slower than Explorer and I don't understand very well how it operates.  I've been so frustrated with this forced email system I've had to go to the public library at times just to send my emails.  Their Outllook systems are working properly.  I don't know what type of browers they have installed but they definitely don't have Vista on their computers.  The problem may be that Outlook is not compatible with Vista.

My big problem now is that the contact list has disappeared completely and won't pull up at all.  This started 2 days ago.  At least in April the contacts were showing but I had to send emails manually by goingn to the People page and copying the email addresses.  The Outlook program will not let me put in a person's name without giving me an error message.  I have over 350 contacts in my address and 8 groups.  I hope I haven't lost the information forever.

If you read my most recent post maybe you can help me figure this one out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi paralegalqueen,

I understand that you have an issue with your contact list not showing when composing an email. Let me help you with that.

Please refer to this link as I found out that you've already submitted a post with the same inquiry and one of the Forum Moderator already posted an answer in your concern.

Note: I will lock this thread. If you have already asked a question, please refrain from posting multiple times. To know more, please refer to this link.

If you have other concern or question, don't hesitate to let us know and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2023 Views 641 Applies to: