cant use email.itt-tech.edu

I attended ITT Technical Institute and they gave us Email addresses that were very peculiar @email.Itt-Tech.Edu however when the system switched over to this Outlook.com platform I cannot enter my account. Is there a way to access my mail from the account.
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello marquiesterry,

We appreciate your time for posting your concern here in the Microsoft Community. I understand that you're unable to access your account. Let's see what we can do to resolve this issue. To start with, we need you to provide us the exact error message you've encountered when accessing your account along with the email address in question so we could investigate deeper on our end.

For the meantime, visit this link for more information on how to troubleshoot the issue if you can't sign in to your account.

Note: For security reasons, you need to login to this forum and provide the needed information in the private message I've started.

We look forward to hearing from you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have had this same problem with my ITT Tech e-mail since Hotmail was restructured or what-have-you. The error I receive is:

"You're currently signed in with a Microsoft account as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but that account can't be used with Outlook Web App. Please sign out of your Microsoft account, then sign in to Outlook Web App with the account you use to read your organization's email. Click here to sign out. Learn more"

Signing out goes back to the same page I tried to sign in on to begin with, and returns the same error when trying to sign in again. There are many with this same issue and I've yet to see a resolution. I've got quite a few important documents saved in that e-mail account and it's very frustrating to have it inaccessible.

I should add that I am able to sign into other areas of the Microsoft website with my ITT Tech username, such as http://billing.microsoft.com. This shows my current "subscription" which is listed as "Ad Free WindowsLive@edu Mail". It also shows my real name in the profile section. I feel this information is relevant because a reply on another thread dealing with this same issue (sorry, I don't have the link) stated that several of the posters' accounts simply did not exist. The above information confirms that my account does exist.

EDIT: Since the change from Hotmail to this new system, I am also unable to access my @email.itt-tech.edu account from my mobile device. I never had any issues with either mobile or desktop login when Hotmail was around.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us. I understand that you cannot access your account properly and you are getting error messages. Let me further assist you.

I suggest that you access the account via https://mail.office365.com or outlook.com/(domain name or organization). You can also visit this article for additional information and for other troubleshooting steps available.

If in case the issue persist after doing the troubleshooting steps, Ken has created a private message tab for you so that you can provide us the affected email account. We will then conduct an investigation on once we have a valid information.

Please click on "You have a private reply to this message" link just above your post to view the message. Don't forget to sign in to Microsoft Community Forum to view the link.

Thank you.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please Help, This is a major issue with my @email.itt-tech.edu address and need to access it immediately.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand that you are also unable to access your email account on Outlook.com.

I would just like to verify if you have already tried the steps provided by the previous moderators on this thread.

If so, get back to us with the following information so we can investigate further on the issue.

• The exact error message that you are receiving.
  • Your affected email address.

You can provide the requested information on the private message. Please login to this website to see the private message tab. Kindly post back to this public thread once you have replied to the private message to notify us of your post.

Thank you.

Johan

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We're having trouble signing you in
You're currently signed in with a Microsoft account as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but that account can't be used with Outlook Web App. Please sign out of your Microsoft account, then sign in to Outlook Web App with the account you use to read your organization's email. Click here to sign out.Learn more
email address in question: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Response email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. I understand that you're having issues in not being able to use the account properly. I will assist you on your inquiry.

For troubleshooting purposes, please follow the steps that can be found within the link below:

Error "You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com"

Let us know the results afterwards.

Thank you.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem. I haven't been able to access my ITT-Tech email for several months. I've called tech support months ago and still can't access my school email. This is the message that I'm getting.

This account can't be used to access Outlook.com

You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com account).

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the exact same issue. copy and past message for error.. this is for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. this borders a legal issue as i have paperwork saying that this address will be available to me for the lifetime of the institution.. Selling services and taking them back; last I checked was illegal.

This account can't be used to access Outlook.com
You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com account).

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

and before you copy paste the response here, i tried this and 5 other solutions to no avail. 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oaccount-omyinfo/error-youre-currently-signed-in-with-an-office-365/670d4e97-ff7d-4459-a325-d3c3f76019c6  

itt told me to call you guys.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 11,003 Applies to: