Can't receive emails from some domain due to HotMail Spam Filter block it

Hi
2 out of 10 users can't send me any emails. They are blocked by HotMail Spam Filter.
Those domains are genuine , the HotMail server replied to them with error message saying email can't be delivered and refused by HotMail server.
I am still be able to receive email from others.

It has been nearly 3 weeks now. At first, I couldn't receive email from 4 users, than the HotMail System pass 2 users through without me doing anything.
I have tried to add them to the contact and white list
There isn't anything on Outlook.com to change the filter setting.

thank you very much for your help

Question Info

Last updated October 9, 2018 Views 1,690 Applies to:

Hi Colin Micheal_779,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and we are happy to assist you regarding your issue in Outlook. As per your issue details above, you are unable to receive emails from your contact list and this due to the Hotmail spam filter. To check on the possible cause of this issue, we'd like you to answer the following questions below:

• Does the issue happen when using a different computer?
  • Do other Hotmail accounts encounter the same issue when using your computer?
  • Are you unable receiving emails coming from a 3rd party mail account (Yahoo, Google) or Hotmail to Hotmail/Outlook/Live.com?
  • Are you accessing your account through web base Outlook or mail application (Windows live mail)?

if you are a customer using the 3rd party email service or a Hotmail customer who is unable to receive emails from a particular 3rd party domain. Contact your domain administrator and ask them to get in touch with the Windows Live Hotmail Sender Support Team. They have to fill out the e-form that can be found on this link.

If you do not know how you can get in touch with your domain admin, you can use WHOIS tools to search for your contact e-mail address of your domain admin.

If you are the 3rd party Domain Administrator:

1. Please review our policies and guidelines at http://postmaster.live.com.

2. If you are in compliance, submit a support request to our Email and Delivery Filtering Services team by clicking on the link to the e-form under the troubleshooting section in the postmaster site mentioned above

For more information about this issue, you can visit this Solution article:

Why are the emails sent to Hotmail rejected for policy reasons?

If you need further assistance with this issue or any other Outlook related issues, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I don't see any where to enter the description about this issue.
Basically, I can't receive mails from other provider such as from domain: lycatel.com, npconsole.com....
Receiving email from HotMails account work fine.

Our clients reported back to me that, they received the failed delivery response email as soon as they tried to send it to my mail account ( my mail account used a custom domain, not hotmail.com domain)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Colin Micheal_779,

Thank you for posting back. I understand that you are unable to receive emails from specific domains because they receive bounce emails. I have opened a private message tab where you can post the complete bounce message so we can check it on our end and identify the possible cause of the issue. This will also help us in providing you the appropriate steps on how to resolve your concern. The private message contains instructions on how you can get the complete bounce message.

Please make sure that you are signed in to this website to see the private message notification link.

Regards,
Raymond

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Micheal,

I have an similar issue.  I cannot receive mail in my live.com from some domains like alabbas.com.bh, nardinproperties.net, mobiliauno.net.  etc.,

But my issue is peculiar.  When i send a mail from my live.com id to the mentioned domain they receive it without any problem.  when they reply to the same mail which i send to them, i am receiving it without any problem, but when they send a new mail from their domain i did not receive the mail even the sender doesn't get any bounce back error.

Any solution or help will be much appreciated.  This is happening for the past week.

Awaiting for your advise

Thanks

Regards

Suresh Socrates

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi All,

The same problem here. I cannot receive emails from our domain to my hotmail or live account. What is worse here is that we are a hotel booking company, so users sending reservation from hotmail or any live account cannot receive our confirmation emails. This is happening also for only this past few weeks.

Hope Microsoft will resolve this issue as its affecting our business.

Thanks

Allan Paul Canafranca

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar problem. Our customers sometimes write to us using a Hotmail address. I can receive these but if I try to reply, they don't receive the email because the Hotmail spam filter blocks it and my replies are returned to me as being undeliverable.

How do I go about getting Hotmail to stop blocking us? We not spammers and simply want to reply to people who've contacted us first but have not thought to add us to their white lists.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here

Please help me

I need my emails its important 

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. How to solve?

Sorry this didn't help.