Cannot see the most recent sent emails in Outlook Mail and it doesn't list who it's been sent to

When I open my sent item,s to review an email I sent yesterday, I can see that all emails have been sent from me, as in my name is there in front of every email.  What idiot wuith a degree came up with that Idea.  If I try to list everything by date, it goes to the date of the first email I ever sent from my account.  If I search by the name of the person I've emailed, it lists from the first email I've ever sent them from Outlook.
Many times I have tried to configure this in another way and yet here i am wasting time asking the internet for help.  How they think this is going to compete with g-mail is beyond me.
How did Microsoft get this so wrong, surely they should have looked at the proper Outlook and just made it the same....
When I go to my "Sent" folder I see three columns: Recipient (To), Subject and Date/Time Sent.

In the "Arrange By" option, select Date a second time to change the sort order (down arrow = newest first)

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi John, thanks for your reply and I have tried this but it's still messed up. As you can seeall my emails are listed by my own name and all are listed by the minute.  I have not sent those emails this morning, yet they are all listed as if they are my most recent items.  So frustrating, thanks if you can help

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, I noticed that these are sent from a Sony Xperia phone? You might want to search here for posts about that phone as I recall that there were some problems. Sorry, but I am not familiar with the details.

The times showing just the hour & minute are normal for the current day. Only older emails start to show the date itself.

By the way have you really send 52,000 emails? Something looks to be seriously wrong....

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes something is very wrong, all the emails that you see in that list as being sent today have not been sent today.  I've just had a look at my partners Outlook interface on her laptop and hers is as normal.  I'll try to chat with MS now and see what happens.  Thanks for your assistance John.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again, I have been through my chat with the Microsoft person and in the end the person (who did not seem to know what they were talking about) suggested that my account had been hacked.  Then they said I should contact the Microsoft forum, which is this - isn't it?

Anyway, it all sounds like a lot of nonsense to me.  Following on from your comment about the SOny Experia, I have deleted the account from my phone and can see that other people have also had the same problem.   solution appears to be found in downloading the Outlook App for the phone rather than using the Email App that comes with the phone.  What a shame that Blackberry tried to floow all these upstarts and is now in such serious trouble.

BTW, have you any idea how I can delete all these emails, there's 52,000.  I started doing it page by page but that will take a long long time

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes Noel, this is the Microsoft forum....

For deleting, try right-clicking on the folder - that seems to be the quickest way:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 1,387 Applies to: