Blurry logo issue in signatures in Outlook emails

I've seen other posts about this issue, but none has lead me to a solution. I have altered my logo to 96dpi, which is the most common solution proposed. I have saved it as all manner of formats, but nothing seems to prevent my logo from becoming blurry at the other end. What I mean by this is that I HAVE been able to save my logo in good resolution in my signature in Outlook 2013. It looks great when I select it to send an email (and I found the best format to be when I save for Microsoft Office in Adobe Illustrator), but then when I get that email in my Gmail inbox, the logo has turned grainy and, frankly, crappy. 

Has anyone out there figured this out? I repeat: my original image is great quality, scaled to 96 dpi to avoid resizing by Outlook, but this is making no significant difference. 

Thanks

I suspect this is related to MS Office Outlook and not outlook.com (browser based) where you posted this.  If I am correct please repost this in the MS Office category for the version you have by using the category tab at the top of the page 
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Has anyone out there figured this out? I repeat: my original image is great quality, scaled to 96 dpi to avoid resizing by Outlook, but this is making no significant difference. 

The dpi resolution does not affect the size of an image.

What are the size attributes for the image?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, thanks. Will do

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have varied the size, but that seems to make no difference. The bottom line is that the quality always changes significantly when it comes out the other end. I'm trying to figure out at which point in the process this happens and how to avoid it. I'll have to test out other email accounts and other browsers to see. Do you suspect this is an Outlook issue? Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've seen other posts about this issue, but none has lead me to a solution. I have altered my logo to 96dpi, which is the most common solution proposed. I have saved it as all manner of formats, but nothing seems to prevent my logo from becoming blurry at the other end. What I mean by this is that I HAVE been able to save my logo in good resolution in my signature in Outlook 2013. It looks great when I select it to send an email (and I found the best format to be when I save for Microsoft Office in Adobe Illustrator), but then when I get that email in my Gmail inbox, the logo has turned grainy and, frankly, crappy. 

Thanks

Hi there,

I found a way to make the image crisp. It can be any size as to how you would like it displayed but it must be 96 dpi. Here are the steps I took to create the signature:

THE LOGO/IMAGE

1. Create your logo/image in your favorite image editor in any size you want.
  2. Ensure the quality of the logo/image is 96dpi
  3. Save as PNG, it can be interlaced or not. Up to you. Whats the difference? Click here to find out.

CREATE THE SIGNATURE

1. Open Word and create your signature but without the logo/image. Set the type and size of the font.
  2. Copy+Paste the signature into the edit signature box in Outlook.
  3. Drag+Drop the PNG file of the logo/image you created straight into the edit signature box in Outlook.
  4. If the size of the logo/image is not to you liking, just keep editing the size in your photo image editor until satisfied but the quality of the image must be 96 dpi!

And voila! The image is no longer blurry/fuzzy! Hope this helps.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 10, 2023 Views 4,658 Applies to: