Missing Outlook.com emails SENT Jan 11, 2015 through Jan 19, 2015

All of my SENT emails that I sent from Jan 11, 2015 through Jan 19, 2015 are missing. They were sent primarily from my Windows 7 computer.  Here is what I have done to search for them:

1. Looked through all of my sent emails, deleted emails, all folders both on the web (Outlook.com) and Windows Live Mail.

2. Searched entire computer.

3. Searched Recycle bin.

4. Searched iphone email accounts.

All of my other emails from 2006 to present are there. Just this one week is missing.  Never had anything like this happen before.

WDB

If your WLM is sync'ed to your Hotmail/outlook account they should be in WLM.  Have you checked in the store?

If you are using Windows Live mail (the email client) they are already stored locally on your computer. To find out if they are actually there navigate to C:\user\your user\app data (may be hidden see below \local\Microsoft\Windows live mail\your mail account (there may be more than one if you have more than one email address configured).  Look in the sent and deleted folders.  Are they there?

If app data is not visible you can go to control panel>folder options>show hidden files & folders. 

You can also try using the auto recovery (but I doubt it will recover sent)

To recover your email do the following
1. Sign in to your Outlook.com account (via a Computer/Laptop).
2. Go to your Deleted folder (found on the left pane under Folders).
3. Look for "Lost a message?", and click "recover deleted messages".

You can also check out the following article for more information on how to recover lost/deleted messages from your Outlook.com account:
What should I do if email messages are missing from my Outlook.com account?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Outlook.com/how-recover-deleted-messages  

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, but yes I had done all that (even though I didn't delete them).  I have 10,557 emails stored on my computer.  The only thing that's missing is those that I sent from one of my two accounts for that week.

I've even checked my drafts and recycled bin (which has not been emptied in January). I also restored the TMP folders from the recycle bin that were deleted in January.

For instance, one of the emails I sent had "johnsplumbing".  When I search "johns" there are 58 results in emails.  As soon as I add the "p" there are 0 items.  Same result when I sort on date. there are no sent items for that time period.

It's very strange.  I have lived and worked in high tech companies in Silicon Valley for over 20 years. So I'm not really looking for a way to recover that weeks sent emails. They are just gone.

The only thing I can think of is they were sabotaged by a hacker.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2020 Views 762 Applies to: