where are the emails after pressing backspace key under the new outlook mail (preview) environment?

Hi, Guys

I have an issue with the new Outlook web mail. In the previous version of Hotmail, pressing the backspace key only returns to the previous webpage, but now it seems to delete the emails.  I have deleted some important emails accidently as I'm accustomed to the previous versions. The important point is that I couldn't find them in the delete box.  Could anyone has the similar problem and know where to get the mails back?  Thanks a lot.

Victor 

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

|
Answer
Answer
In the message list in Outlook 2016 for Windows, the backspace key surreptitiously archives the selected message(s). They should be in the "Archived" folder. Not fun discovering this by accident.

2516 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Victor,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Outlook.

With Outlook.com, you can recover emails that might have been accidently deleted from your inbox. This is also helpful if your account has been hacked, because hackers often delete all the messages in an account.

To recover deleted emails please try the steps provided below.

• In the left pane of the Outlook Mail (Preview) window, click the Deleted folder.

• Click on "need to recover email? Retrieve messages that were recently deleted or emptied from this folder".

These items were recently permanently deleted or emptied from the Deleted Items folder. You can either recover these items to their original locations or purge them.

Outlook.com will recover as many messages as possible and put them in your Deleted folder. If you don't see the deleted messages that you wanted, it means they are permanently lost.

When the recovered messages are back in your Deleted folder, you should move the important ones back to your inbox or personal folders because the Deleted folder gets cleaned out periodically.

In future, if you have any issues related to Outlook.com, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

92 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 28, 2021 Views 173,454 Applies to: