Online Hotmail Inbox "Cleared"

Went to my hotmail account online this morning and found that both my Focused and Other inboxes were "Cleared" and none of my emails in both boxes were there...  It appears that any emails that I saved to other folders are still there...  What could have possibly happened?

On my phone, I've used the K9Mail app for years now and never had a problem.  I checked my hotmail with my phone (K9Mail) after finding my inboxes empty with my computer and it was the same with my K9Mail.  I also noted in my K9Mail that syncing was disabled (not sure how or why that would have happened either)

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,

It could really be the synchronization between your Hotmail/Outlook account online and the mail app that you're using that causes the issue. An update could also be the reason why it happened. However, we don't want to assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest that you provide us the answers to these questions:

• Did you notice any changes on your account online?
  • Were there any updates happened with the mail app on your phone?
  • What are the types of email that you have lost?
  • Have you tried to send an email to yourself and see if you'll receive it on your inbox?
  • Have you tried to search for your emails?

We're looking forward to your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Bob,

It could really be the synchronization between your Hotmail/Outlook account online and the mail app that you're using that causes the issue. An update could also be the reason why it happened. However, we don't want to assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest that you provide us the answers to these questions:

• Did you notice any changes on your account online?
  • Were there any updates happened with the mail app on your phone?
  • What are the types of email that you have lost?
  • Have you tried to send an email to yourself and see if you'll receive it on your inbox?
  • Have you tried to search for your emails?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos,  Thank you so much for taking the time to respond...  See my answers to your questions below...

I did not notice anything amiss with my online Hotmail account until this morning when everything was gone, everything was working fine yesterday.

I did (on Wednesday) get a new phone and transferred everything from my old phone to my new one, including the K9Mail app, but everything was working just fine all day yesterday, until this morning.

No, no specific types of emails that I lost, just everything that was in my inboxes (both focused and other), but all my subfolders that I created to archive emails are still there.

Yes, I can currently send and receive emails using my K9Mail app on my phone and emails are coming in and populating my inbox.

I have tried everything that I know of to find my missing emails, but to no avail.

Regards, Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate your response and the information provided, Bob. Since your email disappeared without any signs why, we suggest that you check if this article will help you to resolve your concern.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How is the K9Mail app setup on the phone?

Is the account setup using pop3 or IMAP?

I checked my hotmail with my phone (K9Mail) after finding my inboxes empty with my computer and it was the same with my K9Mail.

Focused and Other are Microsoft views of your Inbox.  They are not separate Inboxes. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 10, 2020 Views 139 Applies to: