Email disappears when clicking on This is not Spam

Up to a few minutes ago, when I clicked an email in my Spam folder and then clicked on "This is not spam", the email disappeared from the spam folder and moved to the inbox.

I just tried to do that with 3 emails in the Spam folder. They disappeared from the Spam folder and did NOT appear in my Inbox. I can nowhere find them (not in Deleted folder, not when trying recovering deleted emails).

What happened? Where are these emails (if is mark them as NOT spam they are important!)

Hi MarcDeSmetBE, my name is Jay, an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

Confirm something, this is happening on Outlook.com or Outlook on the Office suite? If it is the latter, could you access your account in Outlook.com and check if there the emails appear in your inbox?

Regards,
Jay.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi MarcDeSmetBE, my name is Jay, an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

Confirm something, this is happening on Outlook.com or Outlook on the Office suite? If it is the latter, could you access your account in Outlook.com and check if there the emails appear in your inbox?

Regards,
Jay.

It happened in Windows mail which I configured for my *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I already checked outlook.com in my browser. The lost emails cannot be found there either. Also not when I look at recovered deleted mails.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When the junk messages move to the Inbox, they'll be sorted by date received. If they're older than some of the messages already in the Inbox, they'll be earlier in the list than the most recent messages. Did you try searching for one of them?
Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I knew this. The Spam emails were very recent. THey are NOWHERE to be found in the inbox

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Happened again. In outlook for Android I click on an email in the spam folder. Then click on "This is not spam". Email gone from spam folder and nowhere to be found.

In my opinion a serious bug in Outlook for Android

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Happened again. In outlook for Android I click on an email in the spam folder. Then click on "This is not spam". Email gone from spam folder and nowhere to be found.

In my opinion a serious bug in Outlook for Android

Microsoft it's 2019, why are so many people STILL struggling with this as evident from a quick google.  I have Outlook hooked up to gmail via IMAP and exactly the same thing.  Move IMPORTANT email from spam to inbox, click inbox and it's not there.

Further, set a mail rule in Gmail to say emails bigger than 1 byte do not move to spam.  Fine.  Then I send an email and a copy of my sent email appears in the inbox as well as sent items.  Ok so I delete the copy in inbox and the one in sent items deletes as well.  I simply added a Gmail account to Outlook, nothing clever.  THIS IS COMPLETELY BROKEN AND REQUIRES URGENT ATTENTION.

Someone drag Satya in by the ear to sort this mess out and work 24/7 until it is RESOLVED.  This is NOT acceptable that you are causing customers running businesses to lose important emails!!!!!  EMAIL SHOULD JUST WORK, IT'S 2019, MICROSOFT SORT YOURSELF OUT.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been playing a little more. I use Outlook for Android on my phone and Windows 10 Mail app on my PC. Both are configured for my @outlook.com email address.

Yesterday after having lost again a spam email I indicated as "No Spam" I contacted customer service of Outlook for Android. They suggested to try to reproduce and loo ... on both phone and Mail app it worked correctly again. So it is temporary, but happened at least 2 times in the last week.

My tentative judgment: (Serious) problems with the outlook.com servers. I think the apps are OK

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I experience exactly the same when nothing to do with outlook.com servers as I am using Gmail.  The common denominator is Outlook.

I have a feeling it may be that when you move from spam to inbox and you quickly click on inbox, the email is lost.  If you move to inbox, wait say 10s for Outlook to finish syncing, then click on inbox, your mail will be there.  I tried this with received emails that went to spam and if I wait for Outlook to finish syncing when I do the move to inbox, emails were not lost.

However I cannot reproduce this with a test email received in my inbox that I manually set to spam in Gmail web app, then in Outlook move it from spam folder to inbox and quickly click on inbox.  The message appears not to be deleted any time.

A reliable work around appears to be using Gmail web to move the email out of spam to inbox, then Outlook sync's the move from the server and doesn't delete anything.  Maybe the same with outlook.com ?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 4,123 Applies to: