All my emails have been deleted from hotmail! I need help they were very important!!!

What can I do to recover the emails - just happened today!! Thanks in advance!
Where the emails important enough that you had them backed up?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Contact Answer Desk

Joezon T

Microsoft Answer Tech

Hi, thanks for visiting Answer Desk! I'm Joezon T.
12:51 pm
2 issues
12:52 pm
cant access account
502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (whil
account settings sorry
2nd issue I have 2 hotmail account we everything is GONE.. folder and all...why?
12:53 pm
Thank you for sharing your concern - And I am sorry to know what happen - What is the account that we are having trouble with today? What type of account?
12:54 pm
hotmail.com
12:54 pm
I see - What is the web browser that you are using right now?
12:56 pm
one in ie the other in firefox
12:56 pm
I see - So you've already tried to use other web browsers - But you cannot still access your Hotmail account?
12:57 pm
i CAN login to hotmail
however
there is NO emails....
everything is GONE
12:58 pm
even folders i created
I see - Have you tried using other computer to see the difference?
is there a way to recover? There is also nothing in deleted folder BTW
yes
12:59 pm
And it is the same result?
how long can a hotmail account be inactive before you delete all emails in it?
yes
i CAN SEE ONLY NEW EMAILS
1:00 pm
Actually that is a good question - How long have you been not using / accessing your Hotmail account?
since login
When?
not sure...couple months
all emails prior to my recent login our gone
1:01 pm
are gone
1:01 pm
Ok - Just stay online for a while - Let me check my resources for you ok
1:02 pm
By the way, while I am checking my resources.
May I have your full name and phone number please.
1:03 pm
why?
1:05 pm
just answer the questions
1:05 pm
I understand. But rest assured that all of the information will be kept confidential. We just need those information for us to create a case number. For me to be able to use our remote assistance so that I can connect to your computer and do the troubleshoot for you.
1:08 pm
Thank you Richard. Here is your case number 1298280498. So that you will have a reference to our chat session today.
1:09 pm
Richard I do have some links here for you - Kindly click on the links ok.
1:10 pm
1:10 pm
1:11 pm
already read the first one
1:11 pm
got the right browsers
1:12 pm
how long before hotmail deletes everything from last login??????
1:12 pm
I feel you are wasting time here on unrelated stuff
1:13 pm
remember the 2 issues?
account settings 404 error
and lost all email
I know that you are not on the mood right now - The links that ive provided to you is related to Hotmail account concerns - And base here on my resources - "Email deleted while an account was compromised can be recovered within ~30 days with the "Recover deleted messages" feature in the Deleted folder on the web service"
1:14 pm
Richard have you tried resetting your web browsers?
1:15 pm
yes
1:15 pm
did the above..."sorry no emails to recover"
1:16 pm
again wasting time....
how long before hotmail deletes everything from last login??????
this answe might answer the issue
i need to know this answer
1:17 pm
it will help decide if I need to find another service
1:18 pm
i must have reliable storage of my emails
1:19 pm
I do apologize for the delay - My system freezes - Ive just checked on my other resources here - That the emails will be deleted if the account was not use or open or access for about 365 days.
1:21 pm
am I just SOL
1:22 pm
?
1:22 pm
Richard since weve already done the basic steps - Just stay on the line for a while - Let me see what we can do here regarding about your concern for today ok.
1:23 pm
?
1:30 pm
I am chatting with a level 3 support now - Let us see what they can do for us
1:30 pm
Richard while we are waiting for the level 3 support
1:36 pm
Can you kindly follow this step and let us see what will happen
?
  1. Click the Options icon , and then click Options.

2. Under Reading email, click Group by conversation and pre-load messages.

3. Select Show messages individually, then click Save.

4. To return to your inbox, click the Outlook logo.

Try to turn off message grouping
didi it...no change
1:38 pm
the only email I have is outlook.com team: welcome to your new outlook.com inbox 7/26/15
1:40 pm
Thank you for your cooperation - Ive aleady chatted with the level 3 support - Let me share to you what the level 3 mention
1:43 pm
one hour
wow
I am sorry if this take too long - Because we need to do some basic steps first before we can have a chat session with our level 3 support.
1:44 pm
The level 3 mention -- ""was able to see that the account was closed due inactivity on 20-Jul-2015 and today it is more than the recovery period. Hence, nothing much can be done in this case.""
1:45 pm
so it was inactive for 365 days? or less time?
1:46 pm
accounding to level 3
according
Yes - That was the level 3 mentioned - And I am really sorry to let you know.
1:47 pm
is there a way to never lose emails from hotmail/outlook.com?
1:48 pm
The way to not loose the emails from the server is to keep on going into the account periodically.
1:50 pm
I know that this will really creates inconvenience at your part - However, this would be the least thing that we can provide for you.
1:51 pm
can it be downloaded to my computer via a software program?
1:53 pm
I just found this:
1:54 pm
Accounts become inactive if you don't sign in for more than 270 days VIA WEB BROWSER or within the first 10 days after signing up VIA WEB BROWSER for an account. IF you have a welcome email this has probably happened.

After an account becomes inactive, all messages, folders, and contacts are deleted. Incoming messages will be sent back to the sender as undeliverable.
Your account name is still reserved. During this time you wont be able to re-use the same email name.

However, if the account stays inactive for an additional 90 days, the account name may be permanently deleted.
If you don't use your Windows Live ID for 365 days, your Windows Live ID will be permanently deleted. Once the account is marked as in-active all data is purged so even if you could get the email account back the data would be gone....

To recover your email do the following
1. Sign in to your Outlook.com account (via a Computer/Laptop).
2. Go to your Deleted folder (found on the left pane under Folders).
3. Look for "Lost a message?", and click "recover deleted messages".

You can also check out the following article for more information on how to recover lost/deleted messages from your Outlook.com account:
What should I do if email messages are missing from my Outlook.com account?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Outlook.com/how-recover-deleted-messages

We can only recover recently deleted emails, specifically not more than 5 days old. Beyond that won't be possible.
Outlook will recover as many messages as possible and put them in your Deleted folder. If you don't see the deleted messages that you wanted, it means they are permanently lost.
I am sorry - But that is already a third party program - And we are not supporting any third party program
That steps that is showing here is already the step that ive provided through a link a while ago
1:55 pm
just fyi
1:56 pm
Hello,
I have the same problem.
I have always been signing on to my account.. Never had 365 days inactive issue.

I am currently in a need of getting my old emails (especially from 2005-2007 period) but they are all gone..!! I have never deleted them and had a special folder for it but that folder has also disappeared once hotmail had the new view.

Can you pls help me?

Thx in advance..
1:56 pm
so my next tech blog post is do not use hotmail i guess
1:57 pm
or microsift
I know that you really feel uncomfortable right now -But ive already contact our level 3 support - Our level 3 support are the one's has a tool on how to recover lost emails - They have a tool for it - But when they've checked on your email address - That is the information that they've got.
SarahRice replied on

This has happened to me I have logged on almost every day and all my old emails have been deleted.

Very angry!

will be moving my account.
1:58 pm
read that url
you coulg have taking 2 minutes
instead you wasted 60 minutes ****
1:59 pm
it's microsoft forum
1:59 pm
another:All my emails have gone. I have only 3 pages of emails. This is my email account, has been since I went on the net about 10 years ago. Now I only have three pages of history and the rest have been erased. They continue to be erased, only going back 3 days as new emails come in!?

This can't be correct?
2:00 pm
I am really sorry - I understand why you are not in the mood right now - Like what ive mention that we need to do basic troubleshoot first before contacting our level 3 support - And like what ive also mention a while ago - that Our level 3 support are the one's has a tool on how to recover lost emails - They have a tool for it - But when they've checked on your email address - That is the information that they've got.
2:00 pm
ok thanks...I suggest you read up on this and all tech stuff of your company since this was way to long
2:02 pm
I will have to change all my emails now unfornately
2:02 pm
You can be mad - You can be very angry - I totally understand that - However, this will be the least information that we can provide to you.
2:03 pm

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 300 Applies to: