Outlook on MSN Homepage

For a while I used outlook that is on MSN homepage to retrieve emails. I have since downloaded the Microsoft Window Office suite and I am using Outlook from within the Office Program.

What I would like to do is prevent emails from coming into the Outlook program on my homepage. Is there a way to deactivate or delete my email from that program?

I have looked thru settings and only find out how to add a email address to the program

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You cannot prevent emails to come to the server. If you delete an email from the server then they automatically will be deleted from all your mail clients. Office outlook which you have been using on your computer is a mail client who's task is to connect your account through the server and display all the emails to your computer making it easy for you to access your emails. However, your emails are stored on the server, i.e. while accessing your account through the browser. Therefore any changes made to the server are permanent.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am not looking to delete it from the browser. I am looking to delete my email account ONLY from the outlook program that is part of the MSN Home page. 

If I can't delete it from the account how can I stop emails coming into this program?

Worst case scenario I guess I can change my homepage and not have the Outlook option ......

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for your response and we apologize for the inconvenience.

When you sign into your MSN homepage through your Microsoft Account, your emails will be available in your Outlook.com Tab, there is no option to remove this tab. Either you can sign out of you account or you might have to change homepage.

You may click on the link below and follow the steps mentioned to change your homepage.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/change-home-page#ie=ie-11

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 3, 2020 Views 2,294 Applies to: