Outlook Mail (Preview) - email problems!!!

my hotmail account suddenly changed to Outlook Mail (Preview) -  difficulty in sendin emails - always get message "Error - cannot send try later" - also unable to change font in emails - copy sections from emails doesn't work. One of my aliases doesn't appear on the options -  I only use a PC - it is a disaster. HELP!

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2018 Views 362 Applies to:

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to know that your Hotmail account changed to Outlook Mail Preview and are unable to send emails gets the message " Error cannot send try later". I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further

• What Browser & Operating System are you using?

• Does the issue happen when using a different Computer?

• Does the same thing happen when you access your account from the same Computer with a different browser? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome)

Please be informed that Microsoft Outlook team announced an update to Outlook.com, the web-based email application. Since then, Outlook Preview has been rolled out to many email accounts. 

I suggest you to refer the wiki article given by Nicholas_W on “Frequently Asked Questions for Outlook.com Preview” and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/opreview-opemail/frequently-asked-questions-for-outlookcom-preview/bfba4529-2ca3-4b50-895d-03eac9fa83bd

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the below article for “Errors sending email” and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook/errors-sending-mail

This is often caused by a corrupted file in the browser. I recommend that you clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that they are not causing the issue. 

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using Firefox and Vista.

The same problem arises with IE

sending emails does work intermittingly - more so when sending New email - forwarding and replying gets the error message - and problems sending with file attachment from my PC ( I use Open Office)

this is the message that appears:-

Error: The message can't be sent right now. Please try again later.

I save as drafts - and keep trying to no effect!

I have an alias email address - I can send to it - and the email appears - but the alias email address does not appear in those from which I can send.

I need this sorted urgently

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.