Outlook.com: Your session has expired please login again

I recently started getting the error message "your session has expired please login again". The error has appeared about 5 or 6 time and each time was while I was in the middle of writing an email. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not.

I should let you know that Outlook.com has recently updated and that this error message has not appeared in the past. Could the update be a contributing factor? My machine is an Asus laptop with Windows 10 and I'm using Chrome as my browser.

Does anyone know why this has started happening? Also, does anyone have any suggestions how to fix it? Lastly, how do I prevent this from reoccurring?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Matin,

We would like to know if you are receiving this error message only while composing the Email.

I suggest you to try accessing your Email account through Internet Explorer or any other web browser and check if you are facing the same issue.

Also, I suggest you to try accessing your Email account on any other computer/device and check if the issue persists.

Do let us know the result of the issue. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been having the same issue.  

On 2 differerent computers, and only while I am in the middle of composing an email.

This is a new issue for me as I've only had it happen now twice in the last week.

I use Chrome.

49 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To answer your questions:

Yes, I have only received the error message while composing an email. It doesn't occur on every email I write but it has happened now about 5 or 6 times in less than a week's time. I normally write anywhere from 5-10 emails a day so this is not a frequent occurrence but one that has never happened before.

I have never used Internet Explorer or any other browser on my laptop but Chrome. This is the only time I have ever had this issue. So I can't say if this happens on Internet Explorer but know it occurs on Chrome.

Lastly, I very rarely use my Android device to write emails and can say for sure that this has only happened when using my laptop. My laptop is about a year old and has worked well without ever having any issues. I haven't had this error any other time. Only with the past week which is why I initially thought it may be a glitch with Outlook.com since it has occured only after the recent update. 

I hope that this is helpful. Do you have any solutions or possible fixes? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

I'm still having the same issue. I've talked to others and they are having similar issues. Do you know of a possible solution or fix?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. It's really annoying. I am starting to compose long emails in Word. Total BS. I like the Outlook.com's UI, but it has so many annoying quirks (like it's contacts issues), I may just go to Gmail, if only they would improve their GUI.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

I use internet explorer and have the same issue.  Am rural and use email a lot for perhaps longer periods.  The message only pops up when composing emails not when reading or quick replies.

Getting tired of it now, has there been a fix to session timing out?

Your help appreciated.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I use Safari.  Only started having this problem middle of last year and it is always when composing emails.  It seems that sometimes Outlook saves a draft so I only loose a the end of the email but other times it saves nothing so I have to retype the whole thing which is annoying if it is a long email.

I also don't like the way in the Contacts addresses it insists on putting the Post code before the county.  That isn't the way it is done in the UK so if I copy and paste the address I have to swap bits around.

Anyone form Microsoft able to help?  Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here.

Google Chrome.

Happens when composing emails.

Started happening since replacing my PC with one on Windows 10 - never happened on my old Windows 7 PC.  Have a feeling it may be related to Windows 10.

Clearly not a "time-out" issue as it has no links to inactivity;

- I happens within a minute or a few minutes from starting to compose an email (so the screen was only just refreshed.)

- It does not happen when leaving the browser un-used for a few hours.

VERY ANNOYING - please can you fix this.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When are you going to fix this?  I'm having the same issue as well, use Chrome and it's only when composing email.  I switched to Outlook from Yahoo because Yahoo has become really outdated and not very secure.  But this is very annoying, and you don't seem to be fixing it (it's been six months).  Why is that?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm getting it on my Windows 7 PC, so it's not Windows 10-specific. It's only started happening to me in the last couple of days, while writing longish emails, but in the past I've written far longer ones with no problems. I use Chrome.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2024 Views 11,129 Applies to: