Receiving Email Attachments

Hello ~  I received several picture text messages through Verizon service (vzwpix.com)  to my Hotmail.com account.   Unfortunately, the attachments came through as text.  No photos.   When I click on the attachments, they opened in Notepad, and still no photos.   I have Windows 7.   This situation started on 09/12/14.   Please advise.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community!

I understand that you received several picture text message but when you tried to open it, it opened to Notepad. Let me assist you with your concern.

For us to isolate this problem, I would like to ask some questions.

• Does the same issue happen when you access your account using another browser?
  • How about when using other computer?
  • What is the file type of the attachment? (.jpeg, .png, or .txt)
  • Does the same thing happen to other emails with photo attachment?

Based on what you have said, it is a picture text message. It is possible that the file type of that picture message does not have an extension for photos that is why it opens in Notepad.

For us to be able to verify this, please provide us a screenshot of this picture text message (while still in your inbox). For instructions on how you can capture screenshot, please select your computer's Operting System below:

Windows 8

Windows 7

Snipping tool/ Windows Vista

Windows XP

For Mac, please refer to your computer's help directory.

Kindly post the screenshot in the private message area that I have created for you. To view it, please sign in using a Microsoft account and click Private Messages tab across All Replies.

We will be waiting for your response.

Thanks!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Navy Lady,

Please check my response in the private message area. Make sure that you are logged in first to Microsoft Community so you can view the private message tab.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have replied to your private message. Kindly make sure that you're currently signed in to view my response.

Regards,
Dhenz S.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I am having the same issue.  We send a picture from my dad's @vzwpix.com (via Samsung Convoy 3) to my and his hotmail addresses and get the .txt attachment instead of the picture.  We tried the same to my gmail address and the picture was successfully attached/viewable.  Your response to Navy Lady was private so I cannot see what the solution was for her.

Thank you!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 7,469 Applies to: