CAD Attachments to emails is not working

I have been using Hotmail and Live com for many many years and have never had issues adding attachments of any type. I am now not able to add my CAD files for transfer to others with my Live.com account. I have been able to send pictures, PDF files and WORD documents.  It continues to tell me that "not a photos, unable to attach document inline". I'm not using the "inline" attachment options just the same "add an attachment" selection I have been using for years.

I am not a new user and very experienced with computers, this is an hotmail issue and I will need to change services if this continues.

Also, I am able to receive the same file, download and open without any issue.

FYI, I was able to attach the same document using a primitive AOL system.

Who can help?

Question Info

Last updated August 7, 2019 Views 656 Applies to:
Still having this issue. Can anyone help?

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have identical issue. Have had this since last week...around 11 - 15th April 2014. I send dwg files regularly and now as of last week (when microsoft updated something probably) it has stopped working

Sorry this didn't help.

I have identical issue. Have had this since last week...around 11 - 15th April 2014. I send dwg files regularly and now as of last week (when microsoft updated something probably) it has stopped working

Still having the issues myself and Microsoft doesn't seem to care. Only solution I have is to make my .dwg files .ZIP files so I can send. I haven't had this problem with any other file type only .dwg files.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have same issue. Have had this since last 10 April 2014. I had been send dwg files regularly and now as of last week (when microsoft updated something probably) it has stopped working

Error: "The File is not a picture and can't be inserted inline."It is request to Microsoft to resolve the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue, all other file types will send BAR the dwg files. i have the same office 365 on a mac and pc, the mac outlook is able to send dwg's but not on pc will all same settings. I have scratched a bald patch on my head.........

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello EuanPickett,

Good day! Welcome to Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you with your concern. 

We would like to apologize first for not answering your concern in a timely manner. According to your post, you are also having the same issue like other users. You said that you are having issues attaching all other types of emails on your computer.

In order for us to help you with your concern, we would like to ask where you access your Microsoft account to create and attach a file to an email. Is it via Outlook.com Webmail or Mail Client (Office 365)? If you are using Outlook.com Webmail, did you receive an error message? If yes what is the exact error message? If you are using Mail Client, please contact Office 365 support for further assistance about your issue.

Kindly let us know. We are looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Carissa J.

Sorry this didn't help.