What are the proper EAS server settings to access Outlook.com on Blackberry

Trying to get my outlook.com set up on new Blackberry  Z10.  In many places people say the EAS server setting is m.hotmail.com however this did not work for me.  I find a reference to snt-m.hotmail.com on one website which seems to work however is there not a full listing of set up instructions somewhere to get EAS working properly for synch of calendar, contacts, etc.?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi ta1835-msr,

To properly set up your Mobile device to Hotmail, please refer to the article below and choose the Blackberry brand for appropriate settings for your phone.

Go mobile with Hotmail

Thanks,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm sure that I tried this first go around and then had to resort to internet searches for the proper EAS settings for Outlook.com.   I will give this one more try but if anyone has the current EAS server settings that work I'd appreciate it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Could you please provide us the email account that is encountering this issue so we could investigate it on our end.

Note that you can safely post your email account here as the system will automatically mask them form public view.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This seems to have resolved itself for the most part.  Set up the account on blackberry with m.hotmail.com as the server and when the device does its test it changes that to blu-m.hotmail.com.  Eventually the entries synch to the Blackberry however it is not foolproof and I've found too many instances of items missing that are shown either online at outlook.com or on my desktop (Outlook 2013).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ta1835-msr,

Thank you for posting back. From what I understand, you have items that are in your Outlook.com account and Outlook client but they don't show up or synch to your Blackberry. If so, then there could be a synchronization probem. I request that you remove then re-add your account on your phone to resync it. Use the settings found under Apps that support Exchange ActiveSync section as guide in the article below:

Send and receive Outlook.com email from an app

Let us know the results.

Regards,
Raymond

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This link must be new as this is first reference I've ever found that shows s.outlook.com as the server to use! 

I'm still having problems with accessing Outlook.com Calendars within Outlook 2013 - did a full clean install of windows 7 pro and Office 2013 Pro, went through the process shown to add the outlook.com email account and NONE of the calendar entries will synch to the computer.   Getting to the point where might have to abandon outlook.com all together.

Any ideas?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ta1835-msr,

We understand your concern. However, accessing Outlook.com calendars in Outlook 2013 is out of our scope boundary. Please refer your concern to Office support forum through the link below for proper assistance:

Office Outlook 2013

Let me know if you have any other concern.

Thanks,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ta1835-msr,

We understand your concern. However, accessing Outlook.com calendars in Outlook 2013 is out of our scope boundary. Please refer your concern to Office support forum through the link below for proper assistance:

Office Outlook 2013

Let me know if you have any other concern.

Thanks,

What a terrible level of service. You should be able to pass the query to the Office team, not refer the user and make them start again.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 1,396 Applies to: