There seems to be a major issue with the new connection process for Outlook 2013/2016. Our family has a number of personal domains setup through a domain hosting company (###########.me.uk and #############.uk) and we have been using this successfully with outlook.com and Outlook 2013/2016 (using Exchange Active Sync) for many years. We use forwarding from the hosting company and a send only account for outbound mail, to ensure that email is to/from these accounts and not "on behalf of...".
When trying to reconnect following the recent announcements, we have setup the autodiscover CNAME record in the DNS for each of the domains, and when connecting from Outlook to setup the account again, it finds the service, prompts for the username/password (showing as MicrosoftAccount\......) and shows the account being successfully configured, requiring Outlook be restarted.
However, once you restart Outlook it ALWAYS comes up with the error "The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list" and then deletes the created account. The accounts in question are all fine, tested from outlook.com and from the Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile apps.
If you follow the instructions as per other users, and use an outlook.com alias, it comes back with a non-specific email address in Outlook (completely unusable when you have multiple accounts you use) and sending from the alias (or worse, the non-specific address) rather than the personal domain, which is setup as the default send address in outlook.com (and works everywhere else).
I have found a setup using EAS and using the outlook.office365.com server *seems* to be working (not sure how I got there, but think it was from an autodiscover session somehow), but I am not clear if this will also be affected by the potential problems talked about in the original email announcements - although I don't understand how this would be broken without affecting ALL other clients connecting to outlook.com such as the Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile mail, calendar and people apps.
Given that outlook.com itself allows for the personal domain (outside the control of Microsoft) to be used for logon, receiving mail and sending mail - when will the connection from Outlook 2013 and (specifically in our case 2016, as we have Office 365 Home) be fixed so that we can connect with full functionality (i.e. using EWS/Office 365 connection rather than EAS) using these personal email accounts?
I have tried to discuss this with the helpdesk, but did not manage to get anywhere before the link dropped - and did not have the time to start the whole discussion again.
How can we escalate this issue as it appears to need a fix on the outlook.com side, and maybe on the Outlook 2013/2016 side as well, to mean than relatively non-technical people can get reconnected without these sorts of issues. Although it may be a relatively small % of outlook.com users, I am pretty sure that this will still be a very large actual number of users, so this is not a small trivial issue, but one which could be a blocker to the use of outlook.com by a large number of people (and small businesses and organisations).